tricep routins

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone have a good tri workout. my tri's seem to get over trained easy and its really messin with my lockout. thanks

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
anyone have a good tri workout. my tri's seem to get over trained easy and its really messin with my lockout. thanks
assuming ur looking for a powerlifting time tricep routine..

id do

Reverse Grip, Close Grip, Board Presses as a main movement low rep high weight.. i like to call it tricep strength type of lifts.

then id do tricep assistance such as skull crushers, rolling tricep extentions, DB extentions, barbell extentions..

Then do various handles for pulldowns to failure dont try to max out on the pulldowns do 3-5 sets to failure it does wonders for endurance.

stullsy

Awards
  • Established
close grip 3x5

assistance
pin presses 4x6-8
skullcrushers3x10-12
band pressdowns 4x10-15

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i was tryin to go heavy all the time and it was too much for my tri's..i made good gains at first but now im starting lose strength and endurance.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i was tryin to go heavy all the time and it was too much for my tri's..i made good gains at first but now im starting lose strength and endurance.
endurance i felt most my gains from pulldowns try starting with reverse grip pulldowns and when that gets hard go overhand. i use to have that problem with my tris would fatigue during my bench workout and alot of pulldowns helped.

yetiboy666

Awards
i found workin my TRI's max all the time in the long run about a year later.....My TRI's are in hurt cause i worked them to hard. Take your TRI's slow. and work alot of close trip exercise.....Alot of cats dont realize you constantly work your TRI on every exercise you pushdown on and plenty of other exercises

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
Close Grip Bench off 3 board 1x12 1x10 1x8 1x5 1x3 1x12-15

Lying DB ext 4x8-10

Bench Dips 3x10

cable ext 2-3x high rep

walker11

Awards
close grip brutal beekers, and close grip boards 2 through 6 (4 reps per board and go up 10-15 lbs. per board), those are two great tricep exercises for lockout, and Dave Tate has videos of them on youtube.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
work your tri;s and shoulders on your chest day.

tricep cable (rope) extentions,

only lift your forearms to a 90 degree angle and then work them to a 180 degree. keep your elbows in close to your waist the whole time. once you extend your arms, pull the ropes apart.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
work your tri;s and shoulders on your chest day.

tricep cable (rope) extentions,

only lift your forearms to a 90 degree angle and then work them to a 180 degree. keep your elbows in close to your waist the whole time. once you extend your arms, pull the ropes apart.
are u kidding? this is in the powerlifting section and he needs help with tris cable rope extentions wont get it done lol :nono:

atperry

Awards
Personally I have found that close grip on a decline bench work the best and also dips. Give the close grip decline bench a try....should give great results.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
reverse grip pressing of the floor or bench will blow up ur tris

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Need to try these..you do them for reps...or the 1 - 3 rep range??
i do them for 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps. i discovered these because my front delts were getting hammered by bench because i do full ROM coan routine. so i figured for assistance movement id reverse the grip to get stress of the front delts.. and it worked.. then on top of that it takes out ur rotator cuffs beause the floor stops you from doing so.

if you think about its realtively pain free no front delt or rotator cuff stress you can go heavy and u dont loose out on the main focus of the movement which is to work ur tris which happens half way up so basically if ur reverse gripping full rom the bottom half just hits the shoulders.. im using this for tris so of the floor works wonders... give it a try and deff let me know how u like it.