1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quick squat question.

ok so i tried pulling 445 missed it cuz i pussied out at lockout about 2 weeks ago my back felt a lil tweak so i didnt squat or Heavy DL for 2 weeks. today was the first day i squated. I had a damn good workout with heavy singles. and i think tis because lately i have done heavy pull throughs with the tricep rope and rea heavy hyper extenitons which i feel hit my lower back and hamstrings... so my question is..

does the heavy hyperextentions and pull throughs help me when im squatting beacause the weight didnt feel like it was bringing me down i had complete control over it.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.05%

I do hypers and pull throughs religiously. In fact I have an inexpensive hyper/ghr bench in my basement that I use 5-6 times per week. They're both extremely beneficial and underrated exercises IMO.

Your carryover from them depends alot on one's squat form, but if it's working for you, keep it up.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I do hypers and pull throughs religiously. In fact I have an inexpensive hyper/ghr bench in my basement that I use 5-6 times per week. They're both extremely beneficial and underrated exercises IMO.

Your carryover from them depends alot on one's squat form, but if it's working for you, keep it up.
    yea i just started doing them and when i started to deadlift i use to always hate the getting of the ground part lockout was easy.. now i been doing them i can get the weight of the ground no matter what lockout is the problem...

Squats same way everytime i got over 275 i felt like i was being crushed coming down... now 275,285,295 all felt the same.. also box squats helped alot, so much easier coming out the hole now
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.81%

Of course they'll help your SQ. One of the biggest challenges with heavy squatting is staying rigid through the torso and not getting rounded over. Everything in your lower body and midsection needs to be strong for a big SQ.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Box Squat question
    By rxp1997 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 08:07 PM
  2. Bench/Squat testing next week... Bobo have a question...
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 12:09 PM
  3. 20 rep squat question
    By littlemark in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 02:51 PM
  4. Squat Alternative Question
    By rayk1029 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 06:21 PM