Seeking advice on making weight

  1. Seeking advice on making weight


    so i have a meet on 12/12, I've always competed at 242, never had to make weight. Currently, 10 days away, I am at a morning weight of 250, so I need to drop 8lbs.

    is this something I should be able to do easily and safely in the sauna before my weigh-in?

    what can I do between now and weigh-in that could facilitate that weight-loss? I picked up Axis Labs Xtract but i am leery of using it, again because I have no experience in this process, and I also have some DCP, AlphaBurn and fat-burners on hand.

    any advice would be appreciated.


  2. I competed in October, and had about 4-5lbs that last few days. I used a diruectic and hit extra cardio with heavier clothing.
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  3. yea 8lbs is pretty easy. even a gentle natural laxitive taken the night before the weigh in will get you about 3-4 lbs down. that, in combo of fluid restriction about 24 hrs out should get you an 8lb loss no problem.

    i would not reccomend sweating out by exercising because it drains too much energy when dropping water weight you want to exert yourself as little as possible to save energy,

    also important!!!!, upon making weight get yourself back up to your original walking weight ASAP. gatorade/water 1:1 ratio is awesome and just make sure you are peeing clear before you get on the platform.
    •   
       


  4. this is a good article as well, its targeted at MMA athletes but the system will work for anyone trying to make weight.

    http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html

  5. Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    this is a good article as well, its targeted at MMA athletes but the system will work for anyone trying to make weight.

    http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html
    that's a pretty good read there, hamr9; bookmarked already, it has a few things I might try.

    thanks

  6. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    so i have a meet on 12/12, I've always competed at 242, never had to make weight. Currently, 10 days away, I am at a morning weight of 250, so I need to drop 8lbs.

    is this something I should be able to do easily and safely in the sauna before my weigh-in?

    what can I do between now and weigh-in that could facilitate that weight-loss? I picked up Axis Labs Xtract but i am leery of using it, again because I have no experience in this process, and I also have some DCP, AlphaBurn and fat-burners on hand.

    any advice would be appreciated.
    hey go to youtube and look at matt kroc weightcutting.

    basically he gets in a hotub etc. with and and sits in there sweats and then when he cant stand how hot the water is he gets out and its like a steam room and then he gets back in and he does that as long as he can and he cuts more than 8 lbs...

  7. Im doing a water cycling program now. Water loading for the week leading up to the competition by drinking at least 1.5 gallons of water a day. Cutting dairy and sodium. then 12 hours before the comp I am going to stop drinking water and I should have pissed out most of my water weight plus everything I have drank in the last week. Down 3 lbs right now.
    SFW and GFH

  8. inarius, how much weight do you have to go?

    and dont forget about the pedialyte its amazing for rehydration and electrolytes, orange flavor is best, find it in the infant sections of most grocery stores and dept stores.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    hey go to youtube and look at matt kroc weightcutting.

    basically he gets in a hotub etc. with and and sits in there sweats and then when he cant stand how hot the water is he gets out and its like a steam room and then he gets back in and he does that as long as he can and he cuts more than 8 lbs...
    saw his article in elitefts.com for cutting weight, that is too brutal for a first timer, and my wife would kill me for doing that to our bathroom....

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Im doing a water cycling program now. Water loading for the week leading up to the competition by drinking at least 1.5 gallons of water a day. Cutting dairy and sodium. then 12 hours before the comp I am going to stop drinking water and I should have pissed out most of my water weight plus everything I have drank in the last week. Down 3 lbs right now.
    gonna give this a try, found this elitefts.com article supporting the method ( http://www.elitefts.com/documents/making_weight.htm ); seems like something a first-timer can pull off, push comes to shove I will try the sauna for a few hours friday morning, planned on weighing-in at 11am...

    thanks to all for the advice

  10. Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    inarius, how much weight do you have to go?

    and dont forget about the pedialyte its amazing for rehydration and electrolytes, orange flavor is best, find it in the infant sections of most grocery stores and dept stores.
    Im 1lb under right now but our weighins start at 1pm so Im hoping to cut 1 or 2 more lbs for some wiggle room and so I can eat a good breakfast before the meet.
    SFW and GFH

  11. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    saw his article in elitefts.com for cutting weight, that is too brutal for a first timer, and my wife would kill me for doing that to our bathroom....



    gonna give this a try, found this elitefts.com article supporting the method ( http://www.elitefts.com/documents/making_weight.htm ); seems like something a first-timer can pull off, push comes to shove I will try the sauna for a few hours friday morning, planned on weighing-in at 11am...

    thanks to all for the advice
    hahaha yea i doubt the wife would be happy but it seems like he cuts a **** load of weight doin that

  12. shawn frankl had an article in the new powerlifting usa mag about how he cut down to 198 before contest... And he totaled more at 198 than he did at 220... ****ing freak lol!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Hey :) Newbie seeking advice
    By Talmir in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
  2. Considering TRT - Seeking Advice
    By RBLA in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 06:18 PM
  3. Seeking Major Mass Gains, But Also Some Weight-Loss
    By MuscleGuyinNY in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
  4. Newbie seeking some advice
    By Gonzo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:44 AM
  5. Ph Newbie seeking advice ....
    By s0128 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Log in
Log in