10mm or 13 mm powerbelt

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
hey guys I having been wanting to purchase an Inzer belt all weekend but I can't decide between 10mm or 13mm. I have it in my cart and keep chaning my mind on which thickness. What is the difference?

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Given your size, I would probably recommend the 10mm. It should have all the support you need. The 13mm seems to be more popular with bigger guys who are squatting huge weights. The 10mm is be easier to break in and won't dig into your ribs or hips as much.
Also, get a single prong and not a double. If you really crank the belt down, the 2 prong is a nightmare to get off.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
If you are never gonna wear gear, or you will eventually get two, get the lever. If you want one and are going to wear gear get the single prong.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
ok jcp so your saying if im NOT going to wear gear, I should get the lever? but if i am going to wear gear i should get the single prong belt right?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the single prong 10mm from inzer and love it

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
I have a 13mm and I love it. I don't think there's alot of difference in support, but I've never tried a 10mm. I think the 13s just take alot longer to break in and give a little more support. Also, I have a 13 from inzer and a 13 from elitefts and they are exactly the same, I mean EXACTLY. Elite may be a little cheaper so check them out too. I think they take an extra week or 2 for delivery though because they have them made to order.

You might just want to compare, you might be able to save a little $$$.

Oh yeah, single prong all the way.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
but what do u guys think of the one with a lever? i was thinking of ordering that 10mm one with a lever?

and is the sizing that says XS is 22-25 jus the size of your waist? like what your paint size is?

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
Yeah, I just measured where I wear the belt and used that number. If you're between sizes, go with the larger. The lever is quick, but I like to use different holes. I use a looser belt as I get closer to 90% or so, then I crank it down one more hole. And I use a looser hole on deadlifts, so I don't like the lever. If you use the same setting all the time, then it's okay. They're really quick to get on and off, just have to carry a screwdriver in your gym bag to adjust it if you have to.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea i wear the same tightness all the way threw my workout, so then the lever is a good option correct?

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i have the single prong 10mm belt. bad ass! cannot compare.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
alright i had to drop $ on a pre workout so the belts coming next!

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
I ended up buying a 10mm Inzer lever belt. The only thing that sucks now is waiting for it to get here, they told me it would be over 3 weeks, cuz they custom make each one. I only use a belt on my heaviest sets of squats and deadlifts so the tighter it can be the better I like it. I hope it fits I measured around my navel about where the belt would sit. I came up with 23" and the xs was from 22-25" so hopefully, fingers crossed it fits.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
jart45 let me know how that works i wanna get the same one.. and PS on the website it said if u order tha black they got em in stock to ship immedately.

Also i thought the size u order is suppose to be the same as your pant size? like i wear 31 or 32-34 so i thought id order the first #.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
ok jcp so your saying if im NOT going to wear gear, I should get the lever? but if i am going to wear gear i should get the single prong belt right?
When you wear a squat suit and briefs and all that, it is going to be adjusted differently than when you pull. Therefore you have to break the screwdriver out. I always have had a single prong and a lever, but my single prong got stolen from the gym. i also have a different belt i shirt bench in. You should see all the **** that has to go to a meet, lol.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
haha i wanna do a meet sometimes i just dont know about the whole squatting as my squats weak. 315-325 is what i can get below parallel and prolly a legit squat

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
sorry this is kinda off topic... but does a belt help you lift more? i made my way up to 510 on deads with just chalk and never used a belt in my life. someone told me it helps you not get a powerlifting gut?

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
sorry this is kinda off topic... but does a belt help you lift more? i made my way up to 510 on deads with just chalk and never used a belt in my life. someone told me it helps you not get a powerlifting gut?
I deadlifted 500 last week with just chalk as well and am wondering the same thing...

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Most people will generally be able to lift more with a belt than without, although some people find the belt too restrictive for DL's and pull better without one.
I don't think a belt or no belt will have anything to do with a "powerlifting gut" (whatever that is).

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
the way it was explained to me was that when you press your belly out during the lift, it makes your abs puffy after a long time. instead of tight. maybe it does sound kind of wierd. my hands give out first anyways, tho.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
the way it was explained to me was that when you press your belly out during the lift, it makes your abs puffy after a long time. instead of tight. maybe it does sound kind of wierd. my hands give out first anyways, tho.
There's no reason why pushing out against a belt will make your abs puffy. Many powerlifters have really thick abs from all the heavy lifting and ab work, so they many not have tiny waists, but it doesn't have anything to do with whether they wear a belt or not.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
big abs look fine as long as u dont got fat ontop.. beter then the aneorxic abs

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shiznown General Chat 42
qwerty33 Powerlifting/Strongman 18