- 10-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Just started this for bench and squat, 2 days into each now - just using it as a kick-start from a month-long lay-off. Am doing the 4 week variation as squatting AND benching 4 times each in a week will prob be a bit much.
My question is, from those that have done Jr, has anyone included assistance exercises, not so much for squats but for bench? So far I've been doing 2 light sets of each of 1 chest, 1 tricep and 1 shoulder exercise after bench and 2 light back assistance exercises for 2 sets each after squats; just enough to keep everything else ticking over.
Again, from those with experience - is this a recipe for burnout or have you had good results doing so?
- 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
- 10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
No assistance work needed for bench. Just deload after.
10-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Have u done this prog? what % and reps range were you using in your deload week and how many times that week did you bench?
Similar Forum Threads
- By bigironkiller in forum Workout LogsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:44 PM
- By goldenroll in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
- By RobbyG66 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 1Last Post: 04-04-2009, 08:26 AM
- By DALLASxBROWN in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2008, 12:15 AM
- By Westerner in forum Workout LogsReplies: 22Last Post: 02-09-2008, 08:49 AM