powerlifting routine... - AnabolicMinds.com

powerlifting routine...

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

powerlifting routine...

What is your powerlifting routine? What is your cycle?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

Mon- SQ/DL assistance
    GM, RDL, or SSB SQ: moderate sets of 5-8
    GHR, band leg curls, or back raise for 2-3 sets
    reverse hypers, abs, shrugs

Wed- Heavy bench
    BP: work up to heavy 1-3 reps
    triceps: board presses or foam roller presses for 3-4 sets
    pushdowns 2-3 sets
    rows: 3-5 sets
    indian clubs

Fri- Heavy SQ/DL
    SQ: box SQ or free SQ up to 1-3 reps with every other week light
    DL: mostly deficit pulls for 6-8 singles, working heavy every other week or so
    reverse hypers, abs, calf raises

Sat- Bench assistance
    military press: following 5/3/1 progression
    chins or pull-ups: several sets
    light tricep, bicep, upper back work for 2-3 sets
    indian clubs
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Sunday: deadlift singles

Monday:
    shoulder press to top set of 5
    close grip bench press 5x3/5x5
    pulldown/chins to max set of 5 reps
    powercurls for singles (hate curls but it is a competition lift)

wednesday:
    squat to single
    widowmaker with front squats for 20 reps

friday:
    bench 10x1/5x3/5x5 depending what im feeling like
    rows 5x5

really basic but it hits what i need to hit without wearing me out and i can give the main lifts 100% i
    CELTIC LABS REP
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    Sunday: deadlift singles

Monday:
    shoulder press to top set of 5
    close grip bench press 5x3/5x5
    pulldown/chins to max set of 5 reps
    powercurls for singles (hate curls but it is a competition lift)

wednesday:
    squat to single
    widowmaker with front squats for 20 reps

friday:
    bench 10x1/5x3/5x5 depending what im feeling like
    rows 5x5

really basic but it hits what i need to hit without wearing me out and i can give the main lifts 100% i
    LOVE the routine mine looks alot like urs. I bench for singles except i dont row on bench day. Squats i do the same except widmaker back squats. I also DL for singles and i dont do the shoulder s tuff i do bench assistance instead.. but i love the workout bro
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Now what do you mean by benching or deadlifting "for singles"? Just one heavy set?
    True story:

I give a f**K!!
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

today was deadlift... i went like this

225x5, 315x5, 405x1, 455x1, 485x1 then i stretched for a few minutes and showered. took like 20 minutes to lift with long rests. single as in like i do the weight one time or rep. no sense in deadlifting for more than one rep as u really need to pause between reps to get the full benefit as far as relating to powerlifting. because the initial pull will determine the entire rest of the lift.,

brown: what do u do for assistance? my monday workout is pretty much bench assistance minus pec work, maybe ill throw some flies in there between my sets of close grip bench
    CELTIC LABS REP
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

today was deadlift... i went like this

225x5, 315x5, 405x1, 455x1, 485x1 then i stretched for a few minutes and showered. took like 20 minutes to lift with long rests. single as in like i do the weight one time or rep. no sense in deadlifting for more than one rep as u really need to pause between reps to get the full benefit as far as relating to powerlifting. because the initial pull will determine the entire rest of the lift.,

brown: what do u do for assistance? my monday workout is pretty much bench assistance minus pec work, maybe ill throw some flies in there between my sets of close grip bench
    yea dude i try to do a lil higher reps this last couple months but im goin back to doing singles for DL... Im doing 225,275,315,365 and then 425..

but for assistance i do like pin presses close grip and last set i do regular grip either 3 x 5 or 3 x 3 or a ORM.. I also do rack lockouts.. im gonna start board presses here soon... I also do floor presses everything but full ROM for bench. For example this weeks assistance

Rack Lockouts
    225 x 5
    250 x 3
    275 x 1

then do a drop set of CG pin press 185 x Failure

DB extentions
    4 x 5

Pulldowns to 3 x Faiulre

Things i might add if im feeling good/not overtrained

Incline Press
    2 x 10

Incline Low cable raises
    3 x 15

then bicep movements
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

I just started back working triceps again after not doing any arm work in a very long time, i also just started back benching with a barbell after sticking only to dumbells for a few months, i just had to switch it up and my bench was completely plateau'd.

can u do more weight on a rack lockout and with board presses? a lot of ppl do them but never seen anyone at my gym do them so i never really tried it. it would be worth it if i could do more weight with it so i could see improvement but my floor press strength is much weaker than my regular bench and it feels so unstable, unless on a smith, so i stay away
    CELTIC LABS REP
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

5/3/1
    SFW and GFH
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

I just started back working triceps again after not doing any arm work in a very long time, i also just started back benching with a barbell after sticking only to dumbells for a few months, i just had to switch it up and my bench was completely plateau'd.

can u do more weight on a rack lockout and with board presses? a lot of ppl do them but never seen anyone at my gym do them so i never really tried it. it would be worth it if i could do more weight with it so i could see improvement but my floor press strength is much weaker than my regular bench and it feels so unstable, unless on a smith, so i stay away
    YES! u will be able to do alot more id wager to say with rack lockouts than board presses. Simply because rack lockouts u set the pin, press, lockout DONE! board Press u unrack and actually control the weight while coming down and up. Im sure some will say Pin Press control the weight on the way down but i think its more of a movement to have an explosive lockout and a way to handle more weight..

and my floor press is 5 pounds stronger then my flat bench max and thats with my feet straight which is the hardest way to floor press. weird... and dude dont even worry bout floor press if u get stuck under it the 45s are bigger than how far ur chest will stick out so u wont get stuck lol
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    YES! u will be able to do alot more id wager to say with rack lockouts than board presses. Simply because rack lockouts u set the pin, press, lockout DONE! board Press u unrack and actually control the weight while coming down and up. Im sure some will say Pin Press control the weight on the way down but i think its more of a movement to have an explosive lockout and a way to handle more weight..

and my floor press is 5 pounds stronger then my flat bench max and thats with my feet straight which is the hardest way to floor press. weird... and dude dont even worry bout floor press if u get stuck under it the 45s are bigger than how far ur chest will stick out so u wont get stuck lol
    i have a feeling id be crushed under the weight of a floor press, i used to use the smith rack. neither my gym (both college and local gym) have pins... REALLY aggrivates me. id love to be able to use them on squats and start from the bottom and use them for deadlifts and really everything. i may throw in a few sets of smith floor press with my close grips from now on, like 3 sets each. i do remember back when i first started benching, when my max was like 185, smith floor press was the ONLY thing that helped me bump it up.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

i have a feeling id be crushed under the weight of a floor press, i used to use the smith rack. neither my gym (both college and local gym) have pins... REALLY aggrivates me. id love to be able to use them on squats and start from the bottom and use them for deadlifts and really everything. i may throw in a few sets of smith floor press with my close grips from now on, like 3 sets each. i do remember back when i first started benching, when my max was like 185, smith floor press was the ONLY thing that helped me bump it up.
    you may wanna try dumbell floor presses alot of powerlifters use that,
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.

IT looks something like this right now

Tues - shirt or high end, shirt work or tons of boards in the 3-5 rep range and 3-5 boards. I do my rear delt work on this day, band pushdowns, and sometimes some kettlebell work.

Thurs - Squats 4 week waves 3 on box last one in gear no box. wide stance GM's from the chains, GHR.

Fri - upper accesory floor presses, some dumbells all for high reps. Some back work, bis, and maybe some light shoulders and abs.

Sun- deads pulling heavy every other week. probably doing some light pulling in suit other weeks. GHR, RH's and abs.

This is very un detailed.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

yes jcp it was lol... but ur advice is usually dead on.. btw ur suggestion for platform pulls helped alot.. my max was 435 i pulled 425 for an explosive rep maybe could have got two.. i might go 440 this week bro thanks for the advice.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    yes jcp it was lol... but ur advice is usually dead on.. btw ur suggestion for platform pulls helped alot.. my max was 435 i pulled 425 for an explosive rep maybe could have got two.. i might go 440 this week bro thanks for the advice.
    I only try and give advice from personal experience. They have helped me at times, i am now going to do all my heavy pulling with chains, and see where that lands me.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    I only try and give advice from personal experience. They have helped me at times, i am now going to do all my heavy pulling with chains, and see where that lands me.
    well u have my respect..when i hit that 455 DL max i know who to thank haa

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting routine Calculators
    By thaOrleanyte in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 08:41 PM
  2. Need a new powerlifting routine. did sheiko and WS now what?
    By hewj11 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 11:00 PM
  3. bulking and powerlifting/routine
    By lightweight57 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 12:32 PM
  4. Mixing in a powerlifting routine
    By teribleturtle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 07:30 PM
  5. Matt ALRI...a powerlifting routine?