Competetion

loganccga

Awards
I just moved to Georgia a year ago. Im interested in competing once again but cant find anything close or nearby...could be just me....any suggestions?

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
If you are a member of a gym in the area, usually things are posted, I know when I was powerlifting I would do a meet because my team would but I would also see others posted on the community board :)

Good luck

TC

JessieC

JessieC

Awards
I just moved to Georgia a year ago. Im interested in competing once again but cant find anything close or nearby...could be just me....any suggestions?
there is usually a couple in Atanta, North Carolina, South Carolina also

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I live in georgia too, WNPF does competitions here if you are close to atlana, next one is 12/12/09

loganccga

Awards
that sounds good...what level is it? do you powerlift?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ya, i havnt competed yet, still building up strength. i duno about what level. they arnt all super elite but they are decent. im gona join that fed soon.

loganccga

Awards
cool man. i think i might join and compete. I was looking at there records for GA! Looks like I could probably break the RAW records for squat and deadlift for sure. Bench is my weakest link. My total would be high enough to go to nationals.

I dont know for sure though.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ya, that was my reasoning for being a little hesitant. most of the lifts arnt that high, i could make it to nationals for deads but not like i have the money to fly out anywhere :p

what're your numbers?

loganccga

Awards
I wiegh 245ish. Squat is 560ish, Deadlifts, 590ish, Bench 345ish, and overhead press....230ish. The reason I say "ish" is because I train without a belt or anything as of now. I would add a belt for a comp but thats all I would add. RAW is the way to go in my opinion!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
dang bro, strong lifts. whats your bodyfat, tho? i would see if you could cut weight because you would be real competitive if you could.

loganccga

Awards
Im kinda fat right now. But I have cut a lot from a year ago. I was about 300 pounds. So doing pretty good here.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Your pretty strong, if you are serious about lifting google North Georgia Barbell, and contact them. This is where Goggins lift's/lifted, i know a ton of other good lifters are thier. Like i said, it is a serious powerlifting gym.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Your pretty strong, if you are serious about lifting google North Georgia Barbell, and contact them. This is where Goggins lift's/lifted, i know a ton of other good lifters are thier. Like i said, it is a serious powerlifting gym.
are powerlifting gyms expensive? i know we have Quest near atlanta, my college team went there one day like 2 years ago but it was like $20 and an hour drive, so i was like ehh. But thinking back i wish i had.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
are powerlifting gyms expensive? i know we have Quest near atlanta, my college team went there one day like 2 years ago but it was like $20 and an hour drive, so i was like ehh. But thinking back i wish i had.
they may have high daily rates, but monthly rates are usually normal, at least from what i have seen. Most real powerlifting gyms aren't where you just go and join.