JCP2 couple Deadlift questions other chime in too please

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
ok so i started a threat a month or bit longer than that about getting to a 455 deadlift. I was advised to pull from a platform and most said id be good for about 50 more pounds of the ground then the platform. Well i pulled 405 of the platform for 1 and 345 for 5... About to go back to Floor DL. but was also wondering if i should do Rack Pulls at all before i start of the floor again? but looks like this from here on out

week 1- 355 x 5, 415 x 1
week 2- 365 x 5, 425 x 1
week 3- Triples up to a 435 pull
week 4- Triples to 445
week 5- Max out at 455
week 6- Try again and go from here..

and also i pulling of a 4 inch platform seemed easier then pulling of the ground could this be possible? that being said my hamstring girp and lower back is way stronger

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about rack pulls, just get used to pulling from the floor again. I also wouldn't be pulling heavy 3 weeks in a row before maxing out. You'll get used to pulling from the floor after a week or two. If it were me, here's what I would do.
Week 1: 365x5, 415x1
Week 2: moderate platform pulls (no more than 315)
Week 3: triples up to 405x3, 435x1
Week 4: moderate pulls from the floor (no more than 365x3)
Week 5: Max out at 455

This way you go into your max week rested and ready to go.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
alright yea i was thinking of not goin with any rack pulls either.. but the routine u gave me seems good. Seems like u base it on going a little heavier then i would but go light the weeks inbetween.

but it just seems with me when i pull light one week going back to heavy the next kills me. I need to constantly go heavy to be use to it with deads.. On bench its a differnt stories.. but for next week i am doing 365 x 5 and 415 x 1.. week 2 i might go for 425.. and week 3 the same as u gave me except i might wanna triple lower than 405..

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Some people need to go heavy more often than others and it's something you have to explore yourself. The main thing for you now it not to burn yourself out before your max testing week, so arrange your schedule accordingly.
I will warn you that as you get stronger, going heavy every week will become more difficult and may eventually be counterproductive. This is something you will learn as you get more heavy training time in.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Some people need to go heavy more often than others and it's something you have to explore yourself. The main thing for you now it not to burn yourself out before your max testing week, so arrange your schedule accordingly.
I will warn you that as you get stronger, going heavy every week will become more difficult and may eventually be counterproductive. This is something you will learn as you get more heavy training time in.
yea i know what u mean, i use to go up 5-10 pounds a week for awhile but now i plateaued for awhile since may. Hopefully i can get 455 by november thats a 50 pound gain since last november!