Wrist Wraps

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking of investing in some. I dont go super heavy right now but i noticed a recent click in my wrist and i figure they wont hurt.
Only thing is, i see 12",30"-32", etc.... Im pretty set on 12" like i said, i just want a bit more support.
I would like the thumb loophole(not sure if all come with it)
Any major difference amongst brand?

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
APT is the way to go!!!! I had the same wrist problems when going heavy. They do the trick. check this website for best prices
http://www.prowriststraps.com/
good lifting bro

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
^^ x2. I use the 24" convict pro wraps, great product.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
meh I hate the APT website...
So i bought from inzer... they are great and have super customer service.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
APT is the way to go, love my 12" blue mambas. APT actually bothers to make wrist wraps in what I would call a left and right hand version, Inzer doesnt (or at least didnt when i got my first pair of them a couple of years ago).

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I think the 12" wraps are too short. I would go with the 36" APT convicts. They are very stiff and supportive. If you don't want or need a ton of support, just wrap them a little looser. If you want more support at some point, you always have the option of wrapping them tighter. If you go with the short, weaker wrap you don't have as much flexibility to increase the support if needed in the future.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I think the 12" wraps are too short. I would go with the 36" APT convicts. They are very stiff and supportive. If you don't want or need a ton of support, just wrap them a little looser. If you want more support at some point, you always have the option of wrapping them tighter. If you go with the short, weaker wrap you don't have as much flexibility to increase the support if needed in the future.
Yea that makes sense. Ill go APT 24" or 36" then. I just can't imagine needing 36" especially after i tighten it. Thanks guys for all the input.

Went with the 24" "Reapers" I wanted the black Mambas but they were out of stock on the 24".

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
there way worth it hurt my wrist doing push press and ive worn them while lifting for a couple months and now my wrist are pain free

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I have the 24' convicts and the 24' blood stripe wraps and lone them both, Alan at APT really puts out a great product. I actually just got a package from there yesterday, loading pin, nose torque, and a pair of shorts. Anyways here is a video incase you haven't used wraps before that will show you the right way to wrap them:

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
The size is what matter most, imo they are all the same. I have used just about every one. Buy whatever is cheapest. Knee wraps are a little different.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
The size is what matter most, imo they are all the same. I have used just about every one. Buy whatever is cheapest. Knee wraps are a little different.
I kind of thought that.
I wont use knee wraps. I think it was from Dorian on Week in the Dungeon with Dugdale that, if you wrap all that together, youre just making everything grind together more. Now i know there are tons who disagree. But i just am not a fan for some reason.

Im excited to try these wrist wraps though.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I kind of thought that.
I wont use knee wraps. I think it was from Dorian on Week in the Dungeon with Dugdale that, if you wrap all that together, youre just making everything grind together more. Now i know there are tons who disagree. But i just am not a fan for some reason.

Im excited to try these wrist wraps though.
I agree with you about the knee wraps but in powerlifting they are almost a necessity. Because the joint actually moves people have a preference to certain wraps. I only wrap my knees in a squat suit and briefs, it makes it much easier to sit into the suit also. I have handled low 600's in a bench shirt and never noticed a difference with all the different wraps. Maybe someo the guys handling the heavier weights notice a difference but i doubt it.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The only difference I have noticed with wrist wraps is with some you can literally cast your wrist while others are just giving you support. Certain wraps are just more comfortable to wear for longer durations of time also. Like if I am in my shirt it takes a while to get set up and what not so I prefer to use a heavier wrap thats a little looser compared to a thin wrap thats ganster tight that would give roughly the same support. As JCP said though, 99% of the time your really not going to notice a big difference among different wraps.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
got my wraps today....holy fukc they are thick! i wasnt expecting it to be this thick. I like the length, it feel sperfect for me. I might take them through a little trial run of light weight tomorrow but the real test will be next week when i try to up my weight. I know these wont make me "invincable" or anything but now i have the confidence in my mind.
SWEET!

loganccga

Awards
If you strengthen your wrists right as you go on lifting, your wrists will be able to support anything that your body is pushing. That goes for knees as well. If you are a beginner, dont go heavy to fast allow your knees and elbows to catch up with your strength. Do everything raw as long as you can in opinion.

But thats just my opinion.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
If you strengthen your wrists right as you go on lifting, your wrists will be able to support anything that your body is pushing. That goes for knees as well. If you are a beginner, dont go heavy to fast allow your knees and elbows to catch up with your strength. Do everything raw as long as you can in opinion.

But thats just my opinion.
You don't lift in a bench press shirt do you? I do agree with knee wraps though, i honestly don't like them for anything except boosting my squat.

loganccga

Awards
No I dont use anything, not even a belt at the time being! I will eventually use one, but Im building completely raw first. The belt is the only thing I will ever use!

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I tend to agree with you to build raw strength before adding any supportive devices, but eventually I think wrist wraps are needed. If you get strong enough or get into a bench shirt you will want some wrist wraps. If you choose not wear them, make sure you carry the bar in the heel of your palm for any pressing to keep your wrists from getting too beat up.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I got the 24" Reapers. I have used them for benching, curls(straight bar) and once for lying tricep extensions just to see if it helped focus more on triceps.

I have been training for 4+ yrs or so now and i have ALWAYS followed my limits and never pushed harder than i should. I am huge on form over weight and knowing that when you havent strengthend tendons and joints over time they dont like to be on your side.
I chose to get straps for the little extra confidence and i tend to bend my wrist to much on bench.
I like the straps and will keep using them on and off. I usually use them for my 1st heavy set now and then i decide after that. So im not relying on them but more know that i have the extra support.

EDIT: i built raw for the first 2 years. Reps rarley fell below 8. Did alot of getting used to moving the weight different exercises.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you have a good plan for the wraps. If you're healthy, reserve them for the heavy sets of only the exercises you really need them. Just don't be stupid and injure yourself trying to do too much without the wraps. Wrist injuries are a really tough to rehab, so be smart. Like I mentioned before, you can also adjust the tightness of the wraps depending on how much support you need.