routine looks like this

Bench Press
5-8 sets of 1 rep with 245 lbs
8 sets of 2 reps ewighted pull up 35 lbs
5 x 3 Weighted Dip

Chest Press 80% of 245 for 3 x 6
Pull ups body weight 3 x 6
Tricep pulldown 3 x 6 then a set to failure

Now in the routine I use Hepburn Power and Pump it says you can do this twice a week? would that be OT or should i be fine? i sleep enough and eat about 3000 to 3500 calories and 200G plus protien a day. The rest of my routine goes like this

Deadlift of 4 inch platform
Max set of 5 reps
1 heavy single

Dumbell Rows 5 x 10
Reverse Hypers 3 x 8

Rope pulls and ez bar pull down super set

Day off

and then 4 days left in the week should i do another bench day routine? im not DL again this week but my shoulders feel good could i bench? Or should i do an arm day? im doing legs Thursay..

S

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean that you do all that on one bench day? If so I think it might be a little much. I would split that program in half and do the heavy exercises listed first as a heavy bench day and the other lighter stuff on a light bench day. Honestly I would do a four day program that includes the following days: 1) DL/back 2) Heavy bench, 3) SQ/legs, 4) bench accessory or shoulder work/any extra arm work

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i would do:
3 heavy singles
shoulder press to 5RM (one warmup set, u heavy set)
dips, maybe 2 or 3 sets
chest supported rows, 3 sets
chinups, 2 sets

thats basically what you have above but with less volume and u could do it twice a week. i usually do one heavy bench day and one lighter bench day with dumbells

B

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean that you do all that on one bench day? If so I think it might be a little much. I would split that program in half and do the heavy exercises listed first as a heavy bench day and the other lighter stuff on a light bench day. Honestly I would do a four day program that includes the following days: 1) DL/back 2) Heavy bench, 3) SQ/legs, 4) bench accessory or shoulder work/any extra arm work
Im pretty much using that split DL and back, Heavy Bench, Squat/legs but i wanted to know for day 4 if i should do another bench day or ARMS or what.

because in the Hepburns Power and pump it his routine is

Monday and Thursday
Bench/Deadlift/Weighted Pullup 5-8 x 1 with your 3 rep max
and then reduce it by 20% and go threw it doing 3 x 6

Tuesday Friday
Barbell Military Row
Barbell bent over row
Squat
One Legged Deadlift

all 5-8 x 1 of your 3 rep max then you reduce it but 20% and go threw it 3 x 6

Now this routine worked wonders for me the last time i used it pulled my best DL and best Bench Press on this but i altered it.. my reasoning was

Deadlift on the same day as bench is too draining on the CNS. So i replaced them with DIps becuase there a bench assistance and kept the weighted Pullup. Im not sure how much of an assistance is Pullups for my bench? but i havent done them much so i will try them out. ALso sets of 1 seems a bit overboard for Dips and Pullups so i changed Dips to 3 reps and Pull ups to 2 reps...

Now that means i replaced Deads a pull with Dips a push.. so for the next day i do

Deadlift
Barbell Rows
Hypers

then very light rows for a pump i dont think i could do that twice a week and i want to work legs so based on taht idk if i can manage another bench day? or should i just do arms?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
what is your goal? powerlifting?

if so just look up westside. its kinda similar to the 4 day split with two upper body, two lower body.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
hey Brown, I saw you just started a new 5-3-1 log, how does this fit in?

B

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
hey Brown, I saw you just started a new 5-3-1 log, how does this fit in?
hey, i started that awhile ago i got alot stronger, pulling heavier weights for more reps my squat and bench went up.. Im using the Singles for bench b4 i max out because im peaking so once i do that and max ill go back to the 5/3/1. Same with deads.. im still using 5/3/1 style for squats cuz im not at a plateu yet. Im prolly using singles and the 5 rep 1 rep pull for a month or so

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
Now this routine worked wonders for me the last time i used it pulled my best DL and best Bench Press on this but i altered it..
^^^There's your answer.

If it worked for you, then use it. If you're feeling overtrained, drop a little volume or take a week off. Nobody can tell you how you will respond to this as far as volume. Different people have different work capacities.

B

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
^ agreed man, i hit floor Presses,Neutral Grip Weighted Pullups, Did some pulldowns to failure and Face Pulls and barbell curls and was done ill post up the routine in my log