clean pull more than i can dead

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
ive only tryd to pull 365 i did it but when i clean pull i can do it much easyr.
today i will to clean pull 400x3.

the differance is clean pulls both my hands are twards my body unlike the one hand opposed in deads, and clean pulls i am way more explosive and in clean pulls u must overload the bar with a weight that u cant clean
i tryd to find a good vid of clean pulls but nobody on youtube dose them hevy enough or good enough.
my ? is should i continue to do both or just dead or just clean pull

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Can you get a vid? I'd like to see this.

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
What are your goals, do you want a bigger deadlift?

You need to be explosive in your deadlifts too, speed off the floor is very important. Work in some speed pulls against bands, or elevated deadlifts for speed (50-60% of 1RM).

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just try an over over grip for deads? Thats what I do unless I'm maxing... (helps keep my forarms, traps, and lats balanced... along with preventing a bicep tear) Plus I'm too much of a dumbass to remember what my last over under grip was so I never alternate correctly.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just try an over over grip for deads? Thats what I do unless I'm maxing... (helps keep my forarms, traps, and lats balanced... along with preventing a bicep tear) Plus I'm too much of a dumbass to remember what my last over under grip was so I never alternate correctly.
Im on this train except the end. I usually remember but every other reason to me is a good one.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
i could post a vid off u tube but they all suck,
today i got 400x2 i am very happy with todays lifting then i did 295 3x5 to set my fourm and keep my ass down even when im exhustd
my goal is to power clean 350lbs so i have been hang cleaning alot and now im in my lower phase which is clean pulls, they help with power off the ground and hip explosion and ur trap shrug but u dont pull past yer belly button

i want to get a high dead just for personal achivement, since i got 400x2 today i only weigh 192 so im guessing that is ok.
in the future i wounld mind a qudruple body weight deadlift hahaha

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
isnt a clean pull basically like a deadlift with a little bit more range of motion? i know i did a lot of hangcleans/powercleans from highschool gym and got good at that and there was very significant carryover between the two.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
isnt a clean pull basically like a deadlift with a little bit more range of motion? i know i did a lot of hangcleans/powercleans from highschool gym and got good at that and there was very significant carryover between the two.

Yeah its basically like a deadlift with a jump(without leaving the ground) shrug movement at the end.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Those are just jump shurgs? arent they. Its a deadlift with a shrug at the top but I know, THE U down in miami does these as part of there summer conditioning. And look at ray lewis,ed Reed etc.. keep doin em lol

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about high pulls? The reason you can high pull more is because you high pull more often and concentrate more on olympic lifting. I am willing to bet your dead looks like a bastardized olympic lift, which is common with olympic lifters.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about high pulls? The reason you can high pull more is because you high pull more often and concentrate more on olympic lifting. I am willing to bet your dead looks like a bastardized olympic lift, which is common with olympic lifters.
well i have my old coach watch me i have a norrow stance deff not the power lifting stance, yes they r clean pulls they are the lower part of the clean u try to jump but the weight should be heavy enough that u cant jump.
also i was thinking about doing trapbar deads aswell, its probly all in my head i could dead the same if not more as i clean pull

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
if you got the technique down you would be strong in deads, no doubt

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
yes i do feel stonger in deads i will shoot for 475 and c how that feels probly friday