2009 Mr. Olympia Powerlifting: Jackson vs White (vs Efferding)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm rather interested in the Ben White vs Johnny Jackson Powerlifting Competition at this years Olympia. They both opted out of participating in the Olympia bodybuilding contest, in order to prime their bodies for powerlifting. Basically, Ben White smacked talked about Johnny's self proclaimed, "strongest bodybuilder" title, Johnny got heated, yadda-yadda-yadda, a powerlifting contest manifested between the two.

There's a twist however, another bodybuilder, Stan Efferding, who just recently got his pro card, has offered betting his H3 Hummer against both Ben White and Johnny Jackson, proclaiming he would out lift both of them. Stan Efferding is also a competitive power. The contest is combining raw dead lift with raw bench, (Ben White has requested to not include squats :think:)

You make the call and I'm curious to know what others think about this.

Johnny Jackson

YouTube - Bodybuilder Johnnie Jackson 765 lb. deadlifts

Ben White

YouTube - ben white 505 bench press

YouTube - RAW Bench Press 570lbs touch and go

Stan "The Man" Efferding

YouTube - Stan Efferding 2,070 pound RAW Powerlifting Record

YouTube - Stan Efferding 500 pound incline bench press raw 2+ reps

Stan can't be in it this year, but he'll be in the audience when Johnny and Ben go at it. Rumor has it he may cause a ruckus with finger pointing and challenge call outs, WWE style.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Request to not do squats=FAIL. If he's going to challenge to be the strongest, then complete the big 3.

What, if any, is the weight difference between the 2?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Request to not do squats=FAIL. If he's going to challenge to be the strongest, then complete the big 3.

What, if any, is the weight difference between the 2?
Johnny is 260lbs off season and 216 on stage. I don't know for sure what he'll come in at during the PL contest. Mostly like not 216.

Ben is taller and wider naturally and weighs around 260lbs-300lbs when he PL's. Rumor has it he's 280 at the moment.

I'm fairly certain Ben will come in heavier, but I couldn't really speculate on by how much.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Stan just did a raw PL meet this past weekend and went 821-606-793 for a 2,220 total. It seems unlikely that either person will beat his BP+DL based on past performances.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those r some solid numbers. Obviously not a tested contest. :)

Porty

Awards
Stan just did a raw PL meet this past weekend and went 821-606-793 for a 2,220 total. It seems unlikely that either person will beat his BP+DL based on past performances.
i agree; no chance

there's an article about it in the latest Flex saying he's offered like 10k or 25k just to participate out of his own pocket, but they're trying to refuse him entrance

seems like a pretty big deal (at least for the sponsors) considering all those ads that say "worlds strongest bodybuilder..."

i like how the Branch Warren ads always say "most muscular bodybuilder," at least that's a reference to something! :)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Stan is no joke, he dl'ed close to 800 pounds with a messed up hamstring at this most recent meet. Jackson just put out a video of himself training for the "meet" and it was funny because he really didn't do any powerlifting training, he just did some shrugs and reps on the dead lift. Stan's lucky because he recently started training at one of the best powerlifting gyms around, supertraining, and he has some great coaches out there. It will be cool to see what Stan's future holds for him, he could do well in both powerlifting and bodybuilding, hopefully he chooses powerlifting though lol.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i agree; no chance

there's an article about it in the latest Flex saying he's offered like 10k or 25k just to participate out of his own pocket, but they're trying to refuse him entrance

seems like a pretty big deal (at least for the sponsors) considering all those ads that say "worlds strongest bodybuilder..."

i like how the Branch Warren ads always say "most muscular bodybuilder," at least that's a reference to something! :)
Stan was willing to put up his tricked out H3 Hummer. Look for fireworks at the PL competition, he'll be in the audience.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Results
Bench:
Jackson 523
White 573

Deadlift:
Jackson 815
White 633

Total:
Jackson 1388
White 1206

Haha!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Results
Bench:
Jackson 523
White 573

Deadlift:
Jackson 815
White 633

Total:
Jackson 1388
White 1206

Haha!
DID YOU GET TO SEE THAT IN PERSON!!!!!

Imagine if Ben didn't bitch out and omit squats from the competition, then JJ would pulled even further ahead. Now if Stan were in the competition...... errrr...

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't see it in person, but Stan apparently took the mike and challenged Johnny to break his 2221 raw record.
JoJo replied with one word; "Done!".

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't see it in person, but Stan apparently took the mike and challenged Johnny to break his 2221 raw record.
JoJo replied with one word; "Done!".
OHHHHHH!!!! That's sick! I thought Stan would come out and say something, it was speculated that he was going to, but man, what stern response from JJ!

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stan's combined push/ pull from his raw meet is 1399, he is definitely the strongest.

Ben White - 633 deadlift? So much for the trash talk!

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah.... I've come about 95lbs of that, but natty and 80lbs lighter, so..... :think:
yea,... but this is also coming from a pro that states "I dont do deads, b/c I have the best back in the world, so I dont have to do them, never have never will."

I guess it just boils down to,.... he shoulda started doing deads a long time ago.
:rofl:

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Ben and JJ wore old time powerlifting gear, they were not raw. They are really not in the same league as Stan. Powerlifting is cut and dry, the numbers tell the whole story.