Top ten signs im becoming a powerlifter

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    Top ten signs im becoming a powerlifter


    10. I cant remember the last time i went over 5 reps in squat bench or deads
    9. I havent had a ARMS day for a year
    8. Fast Food is part of my daily diet
    7. Have to have plates handed to me for hyper extentions
    6. I dont know where the cardio center is in my gym
    5. The pins is at the bottom of every pulldown station
    4. My triceps start right at the elbow
    3. I get weird looks when i go from repping 225 on floor bnch to 15 pounds, H-rolls
    2. When i floor bench, the bars still coming down to my chest
    1. My entire workout is at the power rack

    i wanna hear some of urs lol

  2. Registered User
    chuebner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    209

    Chalk and more chalk and some more chalk all over my clothes
  3. Registered User
    goldenroll's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    72

    I destroy the toilet every time I go to the rest room.

    I lift more then guys twice my size.

    I get pissed when I don't hit parallel.

    I have big arms and I don't train biceps. lol
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    the toliets a good one!

    and yes i get pissed about parallel too i needa learn how to attempt max squat tries tho

    and i feel u on the arms sometimes i walk by the dumbells do a quick set of hammer curls but thats about it
  5. Registered User
    illgixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    189

    what are h rolls?
  6. Registered User
    drivehard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    345

    my calluses are so thick I have to use a belt sander once a week
    when I DL, guys get pissed trying to find plates to bench with
    somedays my workout is DL...thats it, then I'm toast
    there are more reps in my warm up set than the entire rest of my workout
  7. Registered User
    bkoguy07's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    25
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    313

    fast food isnt good for any type of lifter lol
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600
  8. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    ^ it gives me extra calories protien and taste damn good and i still am pretty lean in so i dont care lol
  9. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    i tried to get pants today and nothing would fit me. ended up having to buy some levis size 36x30 lol i know im not that thick, and im pretty lean... i just have a massive bubble butt from deads
    CELTIC LABS REP
  10. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    dude i got a fat ass too from deads haha
  11. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    dude i got a fat ass too from deads haha
    what size are your pants?
    CELTIC LABS REP
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    Just as an aside number 1 is my favorite.
  13. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Just as an aside number 1 is my favorite.
    haha dont it feel like ur own lil place in the gym? i do Deads, Squats, Good Mornings, Pin Press Rack Pulls and such and all my workout takes place there haha... i feel bad if anyone else needs it lol
  14. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Just as an aside number 1 is my favorite.
    32 my waist are like fitted well but my ass is so tight and then the rest of its loose especially with my calves that i dont have lol
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    haha dont it feel like ur own lil place in the gym? i do Deads, Squats, Good Mornings, Pin Press Rack Pulls and such and all my workout takes place there haha... i feel bad if anyone else needs it lol
    Cerain days its the only place I go.
  16. Registered User
    JeffD's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    5902

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    haha dont it feel like ur own lil place in the gym? i do Deads, Squats, Good Mornings, Pin Press Rack Pulls and such and all my workout takes place there haha... i feel bad if anyone else needs it lol
    I don't, because they usually need it for curls!
  17. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    at my gym a big thing is using the lil bar across the top in the power rack to do pullups? they cant use the 6 other pullup stations
  18. Registered User
    Rommel65's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  290 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    107

    Ha!


    Quote Originally Posted by goldenroll View Post
    I destroy the toilet every time I go to the rest room.

    I lift more then guys twice my size.

    I get pissed when I don't hit parallel.

    I have big arms and I don't train biceps. lol
    I ate my last girlfriend.

    Last time I went to the zoo, they tried to keep me.
  19. Registered User
    hamr9's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    165

    -you consider anything over 10 reps cardio...
    -people keep asking you why you squat "so low"....
    -you bring food to the gym with you and eat it during sets,(oreos are the sh*t)
    -you never work your traps yet they almost touch your ears...
    -it is a workout in its self just gathering,loading,and unloading the bar for your squat/DL workout...
    -you put in more effort into 1 set 3 reps than most people do into their entire workout...
    -blood, it happens...
    Last edited by hamr9; 12-01-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: cursing
  20. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    -you consider anything over 10 reps cardio...
    -people keep asking you why you squat "so low"....
    -you bring food to the gym with you and eat it during sets,(oreos are the sh*t)
    -you never work your traps yet they almost touch your ears...
    -it is a workout in its self just gathering,loading,and unloading the bar for your squat/DL workout...
    -you put in more effort into 1 set 3 reps than most people do into their entire workout...
    -blood, it happens...
    amen on the traps, and that loading and unloading the bar is a workout also on the 1 or 3 rep max is harder then most ppls workout
  21. Registered User
    hitsquaddd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    95

    you put in less time than everyone else in the gym, yet you're the biggest/strongest

    people always come to you for advice on bench, squat, & DL's

    people ask you to write out workouts for them

    people ask you if they can work out with you for the day

    you hate seeing people curl at the squat rack

    you never work arms, yet yours are bigger then most - if not - everyone's at the gym

    chalk is the only reason your hands aren't completely annhilated with callous

    sadly, your ass has better shape to it then the chicks at the gym do

    people are quick to say that you use roids

    you dread the idea of doing more then 6 reps

    oh and your shins have a line of scar tissue down the middle from DL's
  22. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    Quote Originally Posted by hitsquaddd View Post
    sadly, your ass has better shape to it then the chicks at the gym do
    or your ass is bigger than all your girlfriends and every girl your friends with lets you know its huge... the rest just stare...
    CELTIC LABS REP
  23. Registered User
    buster0371's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,831
    Rep Power
    985

    1) eat as many calories in a day that is possable
    2) extra large shirts fit tight on me even though im 5 7
    3) the bar bends over my back when i squat
    4) do tons of wrist curls so i can actually hold the amount of weight im deadlifting
    5) bench hurts my palms more than my chest
    6) chains are a must have at my gym
    7) all i talk about and recomend are power cleans and deadlifts and other powerlifts to people
    8) it is impossable for me to cry, except when my cat died
    9) eggs every day for breakfast
    10) i eat a small meal every 2 hours
  24. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    1) eat as many calories in a day that is possable
    2) extra large shirts fit tight on me even though im 5 7
    3) the bar bends over my back when i squat
    4) do tons of wrist curls so i can actually hold the amount of weight im deadlifting
    5) bench hurts my palms more than my chest
    6) chains are a must have at my gym
    7) all i talk about and recomend are power cleans and deadlifts and other powerlifts to people
    8) it is impossable for me to cry, except when my cat died
    9) eggs every day for breakfast
    10) i eat a small meal every 2 hours
    i gotta another one...

    when once a month i decide i wanna curl, i row so heavy and deadlift so heavy that my bicep are already pumped up!
  25. Registered User
    Bigbuttchicks's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    123

    TNUBS-I agree about the ass part I bodybuild but still squat deep
    deadlift- in your experience do girls like guys with big asses ?

    wow that sounded so ****ing gay
  26. Banned
    gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0

    No homo of course, but all the girls I talk to said they like guys with big asses and small asses, as long as they are shaped and toned and not flat looking...
  27. Registered User
    Bigbuttchicks's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    123

    I got one.....
    warm up sets can't be more than three reps despite the weight.....because I loose my breathe.....even with just the bar
    Maybe Im just unhealthy
  28. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    me and my wrkout partner were doing these spinning DB bench presses and i was doing less reps but when we got to the 85s i could get em he couldnt lol
  29. Registered User
    rxp1997's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    47
    Posts
    674
    Rep Power
    13207

    personally,

    taking a crap is always an adventure in stretching to my limits.
    I never look forward to putting on undies, clipping toenails, putting on socks or tying shoelaces; I dread anything that requires me to reach for my feet.....
  30. Registered User
    rckvl7's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    255

    This thread pleases me. You guys should get a kick out of this article:
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...sons_to_be_big
  31. Registered User
    hamr9's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    165

    people grab up the 45lb plates when you come in because they know you are going to hog them all. (i am from a small town/small gym we only have 12 45lb plates total)

    people stare...(again maybe just a small town thing)
  32. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    people grab up the 45lb plates when you come in because they know you are going to hog them all. (i am from a small town/small gym we only have 12 45lb plates total)

    people stare...(again maybe just a small town thing)
    when i get the weird looks of adding 50lbs to the bar at a time lol
  33. Registered User
    Ironhyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    147

    10 - You run out of breath when you tie your shoes.
    9 - The first question people ask you is what you do for traps.
    8 - You consider anything over five reps "high volume."
    7 - You ever order two extra value meals from McDonald's at the same time.
    6 - When you talk about "gear" you're making reference to briefs, bench shirts, wraps, etc, not juice.
    5 - You laugh at people who don't touch their chest when they bench and then brag about how much they can bench.
    4 - You're idea of cardio is to see how many times you can go through the buffet line at Golden Corral.
    3 - You feel awkward if you don't have scabs on your shins from deadlifting.
    2 - You would rather take a beating than be called for squatting high.
    1 - You think ammonia caps and Nose Tork are staples in your daily supplement plan.
  34. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    10 - You run out of breath when you tie your shoes.
    9 - The first question people ask you is what you do for traps.
    8 - You consider anything over five reps "high volume."
    7 - You ever order two extra value meals from McDonald's at the same time.
    6 - When you talk about "gear" you're making reference to briefs, bench shirts, wraps, etc, not juice.
    5 - You laugh at people who don't touch their chest when they bench and then brag about how much they can bench.
    4 - You're idea of cardio is to see how many times you can go through the buffet line at Golden Corral.
    3 - You feel awkward if you don't have scabs on your shins from deadlifting.
    2 - You would rather take a beating than be called for squatting high.
    1 - You think ammonia caps and Nose Tork are staples in your daily supplement plan.

    5. haha the half benching ****e like no i dont give a **** touch ur god damn chest
  35. Registered User
    hamr9's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    165

    people also, give you odd looks when you are warming up while eating pop-tarts and drinking OJ in the gym... I even made a lady do a double take when I rolled up next to her eating and warming up on the stepper, PRICELESS!

    (I was hungry and didnt want to head home first, one of my better squat sessions though...my secret weapon is now OJ and pop-tarts!!!)


    LOL: 9 - The first question people ask you is what you do for traps.
    then you say Deadlifts and they look at you like you just spit in thier water bottle.
  36. Registered User
    brownstown89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,029
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    people also, give you odd looks when you are warming up while eating pop-tarts and drinking OJ in the gym... I even made a lady do a double take when I rolled up next to her eating and warming up on the stepper, PRICELESS!

    (I was hungry and didnt want to head home first, one of my better squat sessions though...my secret weapon is now OJ and pop-tarts!!!)


    LOL: 9 - The first question people ask you is what you do for traps.
    then you say Deadlifts and they look at you like you just spit in thier water bottle.
    haha over here i eat 3-5 pancakes with sugar free syrup and low fat butter.. and a isopure protien shake that way i get protien with the pancakes for carbs... and then i drink a jolt while working out haha
  37. Registered User
    rckvl7's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    255

    Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    haha over here i eat 3-5 pancakes with sugar free syrup and low fat butter.. and a isopure protien shake that way i get protien with the pancakes for carbs... and then i drink a jolt while working out haha
    Spike is better. That **** is liquid crack.
  38. Registered User
    hamr9's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    165

    Quote Originally Posted by rckvl7 View Post
    Spike is better. That **** is liquid crack.
    Spike from biotest? yes that stuff is amazing!
  39. Registered User
    Xpballer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    370

    The half benching gets me EVERY TIME. NO ONE in my gym touches their chest... i dont get it, but i hate it. It's my pet peeve, especially when they talk about how much weight they 'bench'
  40. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    We are having a PL event at my gym in about a month, and the owner who is judging said he doesnt mind if the competitors dont touch their chest.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. You Know You're a Powerlifter When......
    By The Neck in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
  2. powerlifter looking to lose fat
    By DALLASxBROWN in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 04:52 PM
  3. powerlifter looking to lose fat
    By DALLASxBROWN in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 09:05 PM
  4. Bulky Powerlifter look
    By liftw8t in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in