Top ten signs im becoming a powerlifter

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. people grab up the 45lb plates when you come in because they know you are going to hog them all. (i am from a small town/small gym we only have 12 45lb plates total)

people stare...(again maybe just a small town thing)

2. Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    people grab up the 45lb plates when you come in because they know you are going to hog them all. (i am from a small town/small gym we only have 12 45lb plates total)

people stare...(again maybe just a small town thing)
    when i get the weird looks of adding 50lbs to the bar at a time lol
    •   

3. 10 - You run out of breath when you tie your shoes.
    9 - The first question people ask you is what you do for traps.
    8 - You consider anything over five reps "high volume."
    7 - You ever order two extra value meals from McDonald's at the same time.
    6 - When you talk about "gear" you're making reference to briefs, bench shirts, wraps, etc, not juice.
    5 - You laugh at people who don't touch their chest when they bench and then brag about how much they can bench.
    4 - You're idea of cardio is to see how many times you can go through the buffet line at Golden Corral.
    3 - You feel awkward if you don't have scabs on your shins from deadlifting.
    2 - You would rather take a beating than be called for squatting high.
    1 - You think ammonia caps and Nose Tork are staples in your daily supplement plan.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    10 - You run out of breath when you tie your shoes.
    9 - The first question people ask you is what you do for traps.
    8 - You consider anything over five reps "high volume."
    7 - You ever order two extra value meals from McDonald's at the same time.
    6 - When you talk about "gear" you're making reference to briefs, bench shirts, wraps, etc, not juice.
    5 - You laugh at people who don't touch their chest when they bench and then brag about how much they can bench.
    4 - You're idea of cardio is to see how many times you can go through the buffet line at Golden Corral.
    3 - You feel awkward if you don't have scabs on your shins from deadlifting.
    2 - You would rather take a beating than be called for squatting high.
    1 - You think ammonia caps and Nose Tork are staples in your daily supplement plan.

5. haha the half benching ****e like no i dont give a **** touch ur god damn chest

5. people also, give you odd looks when you are warming up while eating pop-tarts and drinking OJ in the gym... I even made a lady do a double take when I rolled up next to her eating and warming up on the stepper, PRICELESS!

(I was hungry and didnt want to head home first, one of my better squat sessions though...my secret weapon is now OJ and pop-tarts!!!)

LOL: 9 - The first question people ask you is what you do for traps.
    then you say Deadlifts and they look at you like you just spit in thier water bottle.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by hamr9 View Post
    people also, give you odd looks when you are warming up while eating pop-tarts and drinking OJ in the gym... I even made a lady do a double take when I rolled up next to her eating and warming up on the stepper, PRICELESS!

(I was hungry and didnt want to head home first, one of my better squat sessions though...my secret weapon is now OJ and pop-tarts!!!)

LOL: 9 - The first question people ask you is what you do for traps.
    then you say Deadlifts and they look at you like you just spit in thier water bottle.
    haha over here i eat 3-5 pancakes with sugar free syrup and low fat butter.. and a isopure protien shake that way i get protien with the pancakes for carbs... and then i drink a jolt while working out haha

7. Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    haha over here i eat 3-5 pancakes with sugar free syrup and low fat butter.. and a isopure protien shake that way i get protien with the pancakes for carbs... and then i drink a jolt while working out haha
    Spike is better. That **** is liquid crack.

8. Quote Originally Posted by rckvl7 View Post
    Spike is better. That **** is liquid crack.
    Spike from biotest? yes that stuff is amazing!

9. The half benching gets me EVERY TIME. NO ONE in my gym touches their chest... i dont get it, but i hate it. It's my pet peeve, especially when they talk about how much weight they 'bench'

10. We are having a PL event at my gym in about a month, and the owner who is judging said he doesnt mind if the competitors dont touch their chest.

11. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    We are having a PL event at my gym in about a month, and the owner who is judging said he doesnt mind if the competitors dont touch their chest.
    wow.

thats like saying: we are having a basketball game at my gym and the referee says that you dont have to put the ball through the hoop, as long as you hit the rim then it counts.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Xpballer View Post
    The half benching gets me EVERY TIME. NO ONE in my gym touches their chest... i dont get it, but i hate it. It's my pet peeve, especially when they talk about how much weight they 'bench'
    Maybe they are doing board presses without the boards

13. Quote Originally Posted by rckvl7 View Post
    Maybe they are doing board presses without the boards
    yea so that when u use way to heavy weight and shorten ur rep its a 8 board.. when u actually got mostly all the way down its a 2 board.. so its like u dont need a spotter and use all different boards in 1 set!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. You Know You're a Powerlifter When......
    By The Neck in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
  2. powerlifter looking to lose fat
    By DALLASxBROWN in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 05:52 PM
  3. powerlifter looking to lose fat
    By DALLASxBROWN in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 10:05 PM
  4. Bulky Powerlifter look