5'7 and WSM Final- Possible?

polskishelby

Awards
is it possible for someone 5'7 to win WSM?

crazym

Awards
Huge disadvantage in fingal fingers and atlas stones, would definately have more disadvantages than advantages so I will say no unless they are excellent at some events and that year has very few height disadvantaged events. Having no star competitors that year would be a help.

IMO unless the stars align nope. I dont like anyone's chances under 6 foot.

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
anythings possible, but yea major disadvantage at certain events, thou I feel some are more leveragous to the shorter man.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You'd have an advantage in the squat and deadlift events (less distance for the weight to travel) but as it's been stated, I think you'd be at a distinct disadvantage for fingal fingers and atlas stones, two of the staple events.

hvylifter

hvylifter

Awards
  • Established
Lol at least I was semi-positive haha. Poor mini me is screwed....

Broly

Awards
  • Established
and what would be the minimum advisable weight to go in one of these? :D

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Lol at least I was semi-positive haha. Poor mini me is screwed....
I know at 6'3 i will never become a major force in the powerlifting world unless i got up to 308 and probably took drugs. I want to stay at 250-255 and compete at 242, due to health reasons, and i just feel better their. At 5'7 you are not going to be able to be competitive at a few of the events, which is going to create problems. You need to be honest with yourself and others. I would think a much more attainable goal would be your lightweight pro card which is under 231.

crazym

Awards
Depends on your height but at a guess, 6 foot 240 lbs lean as a minimum, just going from competitors weights, mariusz was like 6'1 285lbs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cplgonzo Anabolics 18
mxer657 Pics 50
rob561 Pics 38
rob561 Pics 80
Pics 4