no shoes when deadlifting?

LiLShAnK357

Awards
i heard its best to deadlift without your shoes on, why is that?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Flatter plane to push off of and concentrate on driving through the heels. It's recommended to train with something flat;no bubble back sneakers. I've seen alot of people use Chuck Taylors

rcrott1

if you are deadlifting in competition, you need shoes, or at least deadlift slippers, on. there are NO feds that will allow barefoot deadlifting.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go barefoot now. I was using Chucks but like it without now...better connect with the floor.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I go in socks, everyone in the gym looks at me like I'm nuts.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm at home on my own floor so no socks needed!

rcrott1

Train how you compete.... as i have already said, you CANNOT compete BARE FOOT, in ANY Federation. The lowest you can to is deadlift slippers

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I know some guys that actually put an elevation on the front of their chucks for deadlifting

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Train how you compete.... as i have already said, you CANNOT compete BARE FOOT, in ANY Federation. The lowest you can to is deadlift slippers
I don't compete and I've gotten good results from it :thanks:

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I compete in chucks, i go barefoot quite a bit. It reallly makes no difference to me. I find lifting in meets with different equipment and platforms is much more of an issue than wearing shoes or not. I think Frantz makes deadlift slippers that are basically just like a pair of socks anyway if you wanted to spend the money for them.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see your point here RC...I am only in it for pleasure now.