- 06-18-2009, 11:40 PM
- 06-19-2009, 12:53 AM
It is a glute ham exercise with some low back involvement. Make sure you drive your ass out hard and keep your back arched.
06-19-2009, 12:53 AM
i do it on leg day because it hammers the hams. I generally do back on mon, and legs on fri. It does get a bit of work in lower back, but not as much as full deads. The way i do them is push my butt back to lower the weight, instead of "bending at the waist". To come up, I focus on pushing hips forward, which will raise the torso, and squeeze glutes hard at top. I get a little pump in lower back like I said, but I don't focus the work there.
06-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Its more about stabilizing the lower back but it is primarily for hamstrings and glutes like previously mentioned... LEG DAY is the winner... definitely
06-19-2009, 02:02 AM
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
I'd say either, but would call them squat day and dl day... take into account if you are doing any other hammy/glute exercises and on which day.
06-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By tatortodd in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 10-07-2003, 01:09 AM
- By spike1205 in forum Training ForumReplies: 42Last Post: 06-16-2003, 02:40 PM
- By phil216 in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 03-05-2003, 11:54 AM
- By Van Zant '89' in forum Training ForumReplies: 24Last Post: 03-04-2003, 09:29 AM
- By sage in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 12-14-2002, 04:02 PM