roman deadlift.....

1. roman deadlift.....

havin a big discussion at my gym about the roman deadlift.... Half of us say do it on back day and half on leg day..... Which is better 2 do it on? reasoning?

2. It is a glute ham exercise with some low back involvement. Make sure you drive your ass out hard and keep your back arched.
    •   

3. i do it on leg day because it hammers the hams. I generally do back on mon, and legs on fri. It does get a bit of work in lower back, but not as much as full deads. The way i do them is push my butt back to lower the weight, instead of "bending at the waist". To come up, I focus on pushing hips forward, which will raise the torso, and squeeze glutes hard at top. I get a little pump in lower back like I said, but I don't focus the work there.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa63.htm

4. Its more about stabilizing the lower back but it is primarily for hamstrings and glutes like previously mentioned... LEG DAY is the winner... definitely
    •   

5. I'd say either, but would call them squat day and dl day... take into account if you are doing any other hammy/glute exercises and on which day.

6. Do you mean Romanian deadlift? (the two words are not interchangeable)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kw2 roman pharmaceutical dosage?
    By coolant113 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 11:51 PM
  2. Roman Pharm. KW?
    By 808Warrior in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 12:48 AM
  3. Roman Red 13-DT, HGX, PCT 280
    By brihamil79 in forum Anabolics