Need a new program for summer

goldenroll

Awards
I'm in college and currently using Westside Barbell as my program but during the summer I'm going to be taking summer class and working and I wanted to try a new program, just to try something new. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
depends... what are your goals?

goldenroll

Awards
Well right now my current goals for the the summer are to increase my lifts about 50 pounds on each. But my real desire is to get a +130-150 on my deadlift so I'l have a 500 pound deadlift.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
DC, westside, sheiko... do a little research and read up.

Chubbie

Awards
Well right now my current goals for the the summer are to increase my lifts about 50 pounds on each. But my real desire is to get a +130-150 on my deadlift so I'l have a 500 pound deadlift.
Increasing your lifts by 50lbs over the summer is difficult on any program. Try setting some more realistic goals. Putting 150lbs in your DL can take years.

goldenroll

Awards
I see your point, I only been hitting the weight serious in the past 8 months so I basically I have no idea just how long it should take to get stronger.

At the start
bench-100
Deadlift-120
Squat-45

to now

Bench- 195
Deadlift- 370
Squat- 265

Chubbie

Awards
I see your point, I only been hitting the weight serious in the past 8 months so I basically I have no idea just how long it should take to get stronger.

At the start
bench-100
Deadlift-120
Squat-45

to now

Bench- 195
Deadlift- 370
Squat- 265
The longer you lift, the harder the gains are to make. Set you goals smaller so you can make them easily or even blow them out of the water! Learn to be happy with a 5lb increase but keep pushing to take it to the next level.
Don't set yourself up for failure.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established

At the start
bench-100
Deadlift-120
Squat-45

to now

Bench- 195
Deadlift- 370
Squat- 265
you are like i was last year. like... really really close. id go with 5x5 personally. i noticed some good gains on that and broke all my maxes for reps.