Knee Wraps Discussion

DALLASxBROWN

DALLASxBROWN

Awards
Looking to get a pair of knee wraps from EFS. I'm about 220lbs, box squatting about 350, and going for surgery on knee next month. Looking into either sleeves or wraps. The sleeves I want will keep my knees warm, but I don't know how tight they actually are. And I've never done any research on wraps.
Help a brotha out.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
If you are box squatting correctly you do not need wraps. Tommy Kono and Rehband sleeves keep the area warm, but they don't do anything to really help.

DALLASxBROWN

DALLASxBROWN

Awards
Yeah, that does seem like a pretty solid point. I'm not really looking for competing wraps or anything with too much of a bounce, just something to keep my knees warm throughout the set.
Are the sleeves tight?

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
The rehband sleeves are good, as long as you order them properly they are pretty tight. Also try some liniment on your knees before you put them on. I use it on my elbows from time to time. Blue heat from EFS is good. THe KONO sleeves are good as well, cheaper, and less quality.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
dont get wraps if you are only looking for warmth. Get sleeves and learn to squat right.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
If you get the APT knee sleeves they will give you a little support as well as keeping your knees warm. They are two ply so they are pretty thick but the are not super tight like wraps would be. The kono sleeves are also good for keeping the knees warmed up and taking a small amount of stress off of them but they do not provide as much support as the APT sleeves. If you are having knee problems though I would highly suggest getting an average jump stretch band for TKEs if your not already doing them. Finally what type of shoe do you usually squat in?

DALLASxBROWN

DALLASxBROWN

Awards
If you get the APT knee sleeves they will give you a little support as well as keeping your knees warm. They are two ply so they are pretty thick but the are not super tight like wraps would be. The kono sleeves are also good for keeping the knees warmed up and taking a small amount of stress off of them but they do not provide as much support as the APT sleeves. If you are having knee problems though I would highly suggest getting an average jump stretch band for TKEs if your not already doing them. Finally what type of shoe do you usually squat in?
Squatting barefoot

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=218&pid=1413
these are the only ones i can find, but they only have them up to 150lbs, I'm about 215.
Should I still get them, or will they be too tight?
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=182&pid=3013

Elite is letting their stock of APT gear just sell out because they have their own line of wraps and sleeves now. From what I have heard they are just APT wraps with a different logo, but take that with a grain of salt.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really dont powerlift so no need for me. maybe just mayeb if im going extra heavy and again Dorian Yates says it weakens because its doing the support he says dont use them. I can see if going real heavy though like for powerlifting. I still have yet to learn and this is a question I asked him on the MD radioshow.