My cousin benching 225 x 50

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Thought I'd do some bragging...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwMEx4uCtl0"]YouTube - 225 bench press 50 reps Ian Hoskins Buff[/ame]

Ian Hoskins, played football for Marshall University. He's a few months older than I am. He's a beast for sure but he's also one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. A real quality guy!

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Pretty damn good! Was that for Marshall's pro day or getting ready for combine?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Uh...that would be a combine record if he gets there, I see that was a pro day and he didnt but thats something else. Whats with guys at small crappy (no offense) schools doing freak ****? Like the San Jose State player jumping out of the pool.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXDSPbZ_OUw"]YouTube - Jarron Gilbert jumps out of pool[/ame]

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
50 reps of 225 that is insane....

as for the pull guy, that is mostly a mtter of physics + explosive movement. try it sometime, you might be suprised.

snowbird

Awards
He did my max 50 times. That is depressing. LOL

Lou22

Lou22

Awards
what was def. legit 225 x 50 puts alot of nfl guys to shame

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats a hell of a lift. Well done for sure

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Thats insane from what ive read/heard the record at the combine is like 47 or something some say 47 some say 43 some 45 but either way he would break it amazing.....

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
That gave me chills,.. awesome stuff!!!

samadhismiles

Awards
they don't look nearly like full ROM

impressive still though for sure

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
Nice!

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ive worked out in that gym over at the CAM. This is my hometown were he did this.

MikeMagz1013

Awards
Damn thats impressive! The new DT for the Packers Raji can do 225 x 34 or something like that. So thats crazzzzy

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
so when u posted this on youtube how many 13 year olds said they weighed 120 and could bench this 19237 times?

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For a comparison on how impressive this is, here is Onn Basson benching the same weight for 72 reps. I would guess that Onn weighs somewhere in the mid 300s.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5ukozh2_s"]YouTube - Onn Basson benches 225 lbs for 72 reps[/ame]

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow that is great. His story is pretty cool as well...no wonder you always have some great training advice it is in your blood :eek: Let us know what team he tries out for.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he's been athletic his entire life. That's what he lives for. Growing up he played baseball, basketball and football and excelled in each sport. Plus his dad was the same way growing up. He's definitely quality at what he does.

It'd be awesome if he got picked up by an NFL team. He's had two previous knee injuries though, so that may affect the pro thing, I don't know how it works. He's 276lbs, can run the 40 in 4.70 and I'm assuming could bulldoze through just about anyone. I thought I was quick, but damn, he's almost 100lbs more than me. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFn_RKGwYw"]YouTube - Ian Hoskins 4.70 40 at 276 lbs.[/ame]

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I can only do 225 once :aargh4:. Maybe someday I can get 1/5 of that.

Tunasandwich

Awards
That guy is built like a thumb, if i only had to move the bar 3 inches to get a full rep i could do a lot also.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
what was def. legit 225 x 50 puts alot of nfl guys to shame
not the guys who play the same postions, all the guys who weight close to him or play the same postions have similar stats, still good non the less

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Professional critics in here... You guys should go show Onn the correct way to bench press :rolleyes:

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
if u want to see bonce ill show u my football lifts from last year lol