new to strongman....
- 04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
- 04-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I would look on the North American Strongman (NAS) website. I believe you can find the name and contact info of your state chair. You could contact the state chair and find out if their are any gyms/training groups nearby. They could also probably answer any questions about the tacky.
Most strongman competitors I know train one of two ways. One is to do strength work in the gym during the week, then doing an events day on the weekend. The other way is to do a main lift in the gym and then do events as assistance work. Again if you can find someone at least somewhat close to you, you may be able to go and train at least once a week to work on events.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Koncina in forum Workout LogsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-10-2011, 03:58 PM
- By Cpo in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 13Last Post: 01-06-2010, 02:44 PM
- By CZERWIEC in forum Workout LogsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-13-2009, 02:23 AM
- By pd92 in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2008, 08:03 AM
- By drivehard in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 7Last Post: 07-15-2008, 12:17 PM