Inzer belt question

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey everyone, just a quick question. I have recently decided to get back into my "powerlifting" background, and have seen some solid success recently. I just did 585lbs for 3 reps on rack pulls (shin level). However, I used whatever belt I had, which was one of those p.o.s.'s for $10 from sports authority. Needless to say, my back is suffering today

My question is, would the forever belt do a solid job based on my needs?

Thanks for the help guys

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I use a 13mm lever. I have a friend who pulled 775 and he tells me the support on the 10mm is the same. So I would think the 10mm lever would be good. This belt will last you your lifetime. If you don't like lever's get the single prong.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
10mm will be more than enough support for a deadlift, as long as your form is set. The 13mm are nice for squatting but I dont think you will notice a big difference pulling. I personally use a 8mm belt for pulling and a 10mm for squatting just because they seem to be the most comfortable respectively. You may want to shop around a little bit too, the elitefts belts are awesome, as our the APT belts (which is what I use now). APT will probably be the cheapest and will hold up like the other guys, Elitefts belts break in really nice from what I have seen and right now they are offering free shipping on purchases over 30.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Elitefts? Never heard of them. Will have to take a look. Thanks for the help guys.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Elitefts is an awesome site for anything and everything powerlifting. They sell high quality equipment and have great customer support.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome will check it out. Any reason why a 1-prong v. 2 prong?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
If your cinching the belt tight it is a pain in the @ss to get both prongs in. Also once you have the belt on it is a lot easier to get out of the one prong belts than a two prong. I like the single prongs too because if you want to reposition the belt lower on your stomach you can just push it down and it will have a little more room to move that the two prong.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good deal, I think I will go with the 1prong. I have been checking out the elitefts site, seems like good stuff, just a long time to ship

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the belts take a little longer, but it doesn't take the full three weeks like they say. Make sure you look at prowriststraps.com as well because they have some nice belts at a good price, but its hit or miss if they are in stock for your size.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was checking them too, everything was out of stock. Inzer had decent prices and all in stock to ship in a few days, also seemed like quality stuff

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I definitely enjoy my inzer gear. I have a 10mm forever belt and I love it. I think it would be great for your purposes.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is on its way. I called them (I am an impatient s.o.b.) and it will be in my hands monday. However, I did hit deads today for the first time in a long while. Did sumo's and was very happy with the weight considering I am still working on getting my form down.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got it, and am thrilled with overall feel of it. Looking forward to putting it to real use on thursday with deads. Of course I am off tomorrow then shoulders on Wednesday, wont need it till thursday

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
it will take a while to break in and get used to but you definitely made a great choice with inzer.