420 deadlift!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. 420 deadlift!!!!


    hello all im new to these forums and realitivly new to powerlifting as well....i have been lifting for about three years....lost 130lbs and 20% body fat...(yeah for me) but anyways... im 6'0 281lbs at about 16% body fat...started lifting heavy about 8 months ago. I have made some great progress so far and i am serioiusly considering competing. my lifts are as follows BP345lbs
    deads now at 420lbs and my squat is at 400lbs. Just wondering how these number look to some of you pros??? im not looking to compete for a living or anything at first just to see how i do. any input would be great and i look forward to future discussions!! thanks drew


  2. BP is alright. The other two are nothing special, especially for your weight. If you were say...150 then I'd be impressed.
    •   
       

  3. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Rugger is our resident motivational speaker.

    He often motivates me to ban his ass but I lack ambition.
    Life is a terminal condition.

    She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Rugger is our resident motivational speaker.

    He often motivates me to ban his ass but I lack ambition.
    So you want me to give false opinion so he can feel special inside?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    So you want me to give false opinion so he can feel special inside?
    not what i want...ive only been lifting heavy for around 8 months so my stats have been on a steady increase...i guess i should just rephrase the question then...how do these numbers look for someone fairly new to powerlifting??and since it was brought up what are the number like at a competative level in my weight class im 27years old btw....thanks again
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by breedthis View Post
    not what i want...ive only been lifting heavy for around 8 months so my stats have been on a steady increase...i guess i should just rephrase the question then...how do these numbers look for someone fairly new to powerlifting??and since it was brought up what are the number like at a competative level in my weight class im 27years old btw....thanks again
    I think your squat is decent, considering you have to move your own weight as well. Keep up the hard work and hopefully watch your numbers shoot up.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Liquid13 View Post
    I think your squat is decent, considering you have to move your own weight as well. Keep up the hard work and hopefully watch your numbers shoot up.
    thanks bro . im still going to work on making the body weight less as i go!! for sure but thanks

  8. Just compete man, its a ton of fun regardless how you place. I have been powerlifting for just under a year now and I am getting ready for my second competition so I know where your coming from with being curious on how you will do. Think of it this way your not going to compete against other lifters, your going to compete against yourself.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

  9. dude i weigh 190 and will squat 520 soon so yah that puts a little perspective on it, i am 6,2 btw u should look to dubble yer squat in 5 years or more or less deppending on how much u want it

  10. AG, i want vids. Not knocking you, I would just like to see a 2.5-3xbw squat from someone 6'2 - never seen that in my life. You should do something with that kind of raw strength, it's cash money!

  11. dont worry about how your numbers would stack against others at a meet, like pmiller said its about competing against yourself and doing better meet after meet. I have done two meets to date and enjoyed the comradery and the experience immensely. I have another in two weeks- all I care about it is how I will do, will I achive my goals and what amazing feats of strength I will witness.

    Go for it and have fun....

  12. You will probably find that as soon as you lift in a meet, you will find new focus and it will really help with strength and motivation...so, don't worry about getting "strong enough" before you do. And those numbers in and of themselves aren't bad, particularly not if you can push them up and drop some weight. Keep up the good work.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    dude i weigh 190 and will squat 520 soon so yah that puts a little perspective on it, i am 6,2 btw u should look to dubble yer squat in 5 years or more or less deppending on how much u want it
    maybe a half squat. would love to see a video of that.

  14. thanks again guys for the comments im going in the comp my gym is holding at the end of august so i think thats a fair bit of time to get my numbers up a bit more!!!...."competing against myself" i like that... thats a great way to look at it for sure....im rather excited about my fisrt comp.

  15. My old man was a power lifter (competitive) He squat 650, Dead 700 Bp, not sure. A 400 lb squat is nothing to sneeze at, especially if your ass to ankles. My dead currently 505, squat 365 (ass to ankles, no parallel sh1t). My bp terrible tho.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by james1 View Post
    maybe a half squat. would love to see a video of that.
    no doubt.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    My old man was a power lifter (competitive) He squat 650, Dead 700 Bp, not sure. A 400 lb squat is nothing to sneeze at, especially if your ass to ankles. My dead currently 505, squat 365 (ass to ankles, no parallel sh1t). My bp terrible tho.
    ass to grass only way to go!!!that way in comp when i only have to go parallel im right strong!!!700BP is that all natural???

  18. He said 700 deadlift...BP-->not sure.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    My old man was a power lifter (competitive) He squat 650, Dead 700 Bp, not sure. A 400 lb squat is nothing to sneeze at, especially if your ass to ankles. My dead currently 505, squat 365 (ass to ankles, no parallel sh1t). My bp terrible tho.
    Not sure why AG is such a big deal when he's competing. They don't require you to go AG.

    Those numbers are solid because they are on your low end, while 400lb deads WERE ONCE a time on my high end, Now a days I'm good to pull 350x5.

    You've got tons of ways to go....i peaked at 385x8 squats so about 415 I'd say maybe? That was at 185-190ish.

  20. Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Not sure why AG is such a big deal when he's competing. They don't require you to go AG.

    Those numbers are solid because they are on your low end, while 400lb deads WERE ONCE a time on my high end, Now a days I'm good to pull 350x5.

    You've got tons of ways to go....i peaked at 385x8 squats so about 415 I'd say maybe? That was at 185-190ish.

    For me ass to ankles just builds better. Comp isnt required, no but it will deffinately benifet you when you get there, imho.

  21. True full squats aren't for everyone. Below parallel, PL style, works just fine for most. Lots of people who claim they squat parallel do quarter squats, and lots of people who say they go "all the way down" mean they go just below parallel. Get someone to make a vid of you from behind at a 45 degree angle - that's the only absolute way to judge REAL depth, not perceived depth.
  22. Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    True full squats aren't for everyone. Below parallel, PL style, works just fine for most. Lots of people who claim they squat parallel do quarter squats, and lots of people who say they go "all the way down" mean they go just below parallel. Get someone to make a vid of you from behind at a 45 degree angle - that's the only absolute way to judge REAL depth, not perceived depth.
    I agree completly. I go down until my hip is about 3in below my knee joint. I dont bottom out, thats an olympic squat, aand, well, im not an olympian. To me where I go is ass to anks. Although, many people believe that not disengageing, and just hitting parallel makes for bigger wheels. I certainly dont do half squats. Half measures avail me nothing.

  23. Its simple, if he plans on competing do both, best of both worlds. I found this --> to be the most practical advice though lol. "forget the bar for a second and squat down like you are going to take a dump into a hole in the ground-- that's how God meant for you to squat.":squat:
  24. Unhappy


    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Its simple, if he plans on competing do both, best of both worlds. I found this --> to be the most practical advice though lol. "forget the bar for a second and squat down like you are going to take a dump into a hole in the ground-- that's how God meant for you to squat.":squat:
    put enough weight on the bar, and you might just do that, lol.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Its simple, if he plans on competing do both, best of both worlds. I found this --> to be the most practical advice though lol. "forget the bar for a second and squat down like you are going to take a dump into a hole in the ground-- that's how God meant for you to squat.":squat:
    thanks for the advice guys , i train both ways alternate week to week, though find i lift heavier going just past parellel as opposed to ass to grass. i hae a bit of a sticking point.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    put enough weight on the bar, and you might just do that, lol.
    hehe sometimes it feels that way , I know coffee+squats= some down time between sets somewhere lol. :bruce3:

  27. blame dedlifter, not me...

    YouTube - oups
  28. Unhappy


    Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    I will take the blame. Shame on me!!

  29. Holy crap on closer inspection did she actually squeeze a sloppy duece out on the floor? On the first watch I thought she just looked like she did...upon closer inspection those are loafers....ala McBain.
  30. Unhappy


    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Holy crap on closer inspection did she actually squeeze a sloppy duece out on the floor? On the first watch I thought she just looked like she did...upon closer inspection those are loafers....ala McBain.
    thats horrifyying no??
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How is my deadlift?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 03:57 PM
  2. How much do you deadlift?
    By WhatsaRoid? in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
  3. deadlift
    By khan8 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 09:32 PM
  4. New PR on deadlift
    By peterson24 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 11:47 AM
  5. Deadlift
    By sage in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2002, 04:02 PM
Log in
Log in