kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
that's a perfect home gym as far as i'm concerned. tons of heavy free weights is where it's at.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
thats one hell of a nice set up you got there kabuki!!

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Nice setup.
I'd have to leave my car and motocross bike outside to fit that stuff in my garage.

Beefcaker

Awards
Not as cool as some but a lot of stuff...and everything I need.

[/url]
What are the specs on the rig in the background?

I see a tube chassis, coilovers, a semifloat 8lug rear (14b?), but I can't make out much else

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
What are the specs on the rig in the background?

I see a tube chassis, coilovers, a semifloat 8lug rear (14b?), but I can't make out much else
actually there are totally custom unimog axles. I imported the portals from germany cut them down and recentered. replaced with 300M aircraft grade axle shafts. Designed and built my own disc brake conversion (corevette 4 piston calipers on all 4 corners), my own Central Tire inflation system. Developed a bracing system to reinforce the portal box (actually sold these for awhile) and Cryo treated all the portal gears, ring& pinion, and double cardinal joints.

It has full hydraulic steering both front and rear. so 4 wheel steer with 45 degrees of steering (in each direction!!!) with perfect Ackerman angle.

Don't get me started on suspension design....tons of engineering on that as well. Custom air shifted 3 speed transfer case...on and on. Its going to be a full compition vehicle doing a combo high speed desert and rock racing called King of the Hammers.

here is a pic of the 47's I slapped on it last week. and a link to the build thread.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=570775

oh if your not familiar with portal axles here is a few pics. you can see the steering it achieves. The perfect ackerman affect is the amount the inside tire turns in sharper than the outside tire on the exact radius the vehicle will move in based on wheelbase and track width.

also notice the clearance below the portal axle as that 5 gallon bucket is no where near touching with only the 40" tires on it

The chassis will actually sit 7" lower once i get the right spring rate springs installed. Should be a pretty mean stance with those 47's!!!

Beefcaker

Awards
Nice. I am American on Pirate. Pretty impressive. I'm currently doing the super budget stuff as I am in college. I swear I had more project money in high school.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Nice. I am American on Pirate. Pretty impressive. I'm currently doing the super budget stuff as I am in college. I swear I had more project money in high school.
dang...never expected to find another pirate here.

Beefcaker

Awards
whoda thunk it, right?

can't wait to get some 419's under my Dodge when I truggy it after school

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
Nice setup, and project rig!
Another Pirate member (although not there much)...