Hi, Im the New Guy. Need some help.

Spankyswrekd

Awards
Hello Everyone. My Name is Eric and I have decided to actually get serious about my lifting.

Just a bit about me. Im 26 5'9 295lbs. Im 19.5" around the calve. 27" around the thigh. 53" chest. 18" bicep. 14.5" forearm. I havent got much of a neck and around my shoulders with my arms down I would need another tape.

Obviously im fatter than I should be and would like to be but im still pretty solid. A brick shithouse I believe is the term.
My Bench is about 325, Squat is about 450, Deadlift is about 425.

I want to see what im capable of if I truely put my mind to it, however I dont know enough to get myself going. I would love some input and some direction.

Im very capable in the gym when it comes to excercises and form, I just need to know how to put it all together.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
What do you need help with? Those are pretty good lifts for not being very serious.

Spankyswrekd

Awards
Well it seems that everyone gets into this with a plan and has routines and workouts.
I guess im trying to figure out a way to best organize my time.
Im trying to track down a good PL gym and see if I can get some face time with a trainer.
I have decided thats going to be my best option

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AM. if you are just looking for a structured program with the goal of getting stronger, you could try Bill Starr's 5x5 or Jim Wendt's 5/3/1. If on the other hand the goal is to compete, I'd suggest Elitefts's Force Method (a Westside-type routine) or Westside for Skinny Bastards (the latter versions) as good entry-level programs (and by entry level I mean someone who hasn't PL'd before and is getting started).

But then again I've only been busting my nuts lifting heavy for a year so there might be better programs out there. Currently doing Sheiko, which is a high-volume program.

acoz

acoz

Awards
Try EXRX on your search engine from beginner to advanced routines are available find what works for your needs. Good luck.:smokin:

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i would worry about diet, before i worried about training :)

Spankyswrekd

Awards
i would worry about diet, before i worried about training :)
Yeah I got that covered. Im sure its not perfect but its light years ahead of the way I was eating.
The hardest part was cutting out the drinking, i havent completely and I prob wont but moderation is the key.

Spankyswrekd

Awards
Bit of an update, Been training almost as much as I would like. Getting stuck in a plow truck everytime it snows for a day or so is cutting into it a bit still.

Tues I Benched 235x10, 315x10 and then 375 for 1. This a new personal best for me, I hope the weight keeps going up I want 405 and I want it bad.
As for my personal weight, everything is tightening up though im not losing LBS. Gotta work on the gut though, summer is around the corner and I dont want anything hangin over the Surf shorts.

Havocknight

Awards
What suppliments are you taking? Yes Diet is important but if you're not getting the proper nutrician then your just lifting. I work for nutraplanet.com and we have incredible deals on protein, preworkouts, vitamins, and anything suppliment related. Visit our sight and I would like to suggest a good protein which I would suggest monster milk which has 50g of protein a serving, the preworkout I would suggest Jack3d. And you need a good multi vitamin and BCAA on those I would suggest Orange Triad by controlled labs and Chain'd out by Alri. If you want to lift heavier let me suggest an additional thing. You want to get a pill stack of Powerfull, Prime, and Anabolic Pump by Usplabs they call it the Asteroid Stack. That should turn you into an unstoppable force. Come check us out because you'll save about 25% off all the suppliments you by compared to everyone else.

JasonG

Awards
I would check out Westside Barbells website. I can't post links yet but just look on google.

Read through the articles and check out some other sites.

But no matter the routine the best thing you can do is find a powerlifting gym and get with some good guys. A good team of guys to train with in the right environment will make you better than anything else.

I skimmed over some of the post but if no one has posted the link, the website powerlifting watch has a listing of powerlifting friendly gyms.

Good luck in your training. You already have a real strong base.

Spankyswrekd

Awards
What suppliments are you taking? Yes Diet is important but if you're not getting the proper nutrician then your just lifting. I work for nutraplanet.com and we have incredible deals on protein, preworkouts, vitamins, and anything suppliment related. Visit our sight and I would like to suggest a good protein which I would suggest monster milk which has 50g of protein a serving, the preworkout I would suggest Jack3d. And you need a good multi vitamin and BCAA on those I would suggest Orange Triad by controlled labs and Chain'd out by Alri. If you want to lift heavier let me suggest an additional thing. You want to get a pill stack of Powerfull, Prime, and Anabolic Pump by Usplabs they call it the Asteroid Stack. That should turn you into an unstoppable force. Come check us out because you'll save about 25% off all the suppliments you by compared to everyone else.
Not that i dont appreciate the advice but I feel better about myself doing it the hard way. I get my nutrition through whole foods not supplemets. with the exception of IDS pro whey that I take to supplement my protien intake. It also covers me for BCAA's. A good multi vitamin, and fish oil for joint health and plenty of rest. I dont need anything else.