Russian Manuals (weightlifting)

Ivanchenko

Ivanchenko

Awards
I have a few scanned translated Russian training manuals/books that I would like to share. Those are the ones that are heavily referenced by Louie Simmons (like Verkhoshansky, Bondarchuk, Roman...). Yeah, weightlifting books, but you will recognize a lot of stuff that you see at (for example) Westside Barbell like importance of volume, percent training, distribution of loading and intensity, etc, and it's more detailed.

But I need to ask first, can I post them? I don't think I would violate any copyright laws since these manuals are more than 20 years old and don't have any copyright notice on them. I'm asking because I'm a new member (although I've been around, reading) and don't want to be registered as a spammer or something (like "he registered few hours ago and he's already posting links").

I would recommend them to anyone who wants to know more about the science behind Westside Barbell (because there is one). After all, the more you know the better your training programs will be and thus you'll get better results.

Let me know.

P.S. If there are guys from Iron Addicts here, I already shared this with you :)

Ivanchenko

Ivanchenko

Awards
Ok then. But it seems that I can't post links because my post count must be 50 or greater. I can cheat, but I don't know will moderators tolerate that. Here is Yuri Verkhoshansky's Programming and organization of training:

uploading.com/files/9PVFG0JS/Verkhoshansky-PaO.rar.html

Then R.A. Roman - The Training of the Weightlifter:

uploading.com/files/ZOX3AY96/Roman-Training_of_the_Weightlifter.rar.html

Anatoly Bondarchuck's Transfer of Training in Sports:

uploading.com/files/503QO5N4/Bondarchuck-Transfer_of_Training.rar.html

and Verkhoshansky's Special Strength Training:

uploading.com/files/V1YY5XLD/Verkhoshansky-Special_Strength_Training.rar.html

I will try to get Prilepin and Medvedyev manuals in a few days. Until then, have fun reading these. :)

Ivanchenko

Ivanchenko

Awards
Well, Roman and Verkhoshansky are must read.

Seth Able

Awards
The links are dead, would it (please please) be possible for someone to re-upload?

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
The funny thing is we use different principles in russia to these, a lot different, but from what ive read these are interesting, good post.

RobbyG66

Awards
the link is dead. So if you can get those uploaded again that would be great. I almost bought some of these the other day.

alonsofernand

Awards
i really want to read this articles, if you can re-upload it.

Thank you!

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
I used to own all of these back in the day... no idea where they are now. I'd appreciate if somebody could get these back up pleaSe.