meet sat

spikewhite

Awards
I have a meet saturday and am wondering to take rest. As of now im going to go sun-wed with thurs and fri off b4 the comp. Still going to try and go real heavy until then. Should I change anything any help would be needed.

NASAKYCHAIR

NASAKYCHAIR

Awards
Since your meet is this Saturday, take the rest of the week off. This will ensure that your body is well rested and ready to push maximum effort on the platform. The worst thing to do is compete while overtrained or body not rested.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I would do a few light sets of the 3 lifts. I would bench and squat on Monday then bench and dead on Wednesday but keeping it light. Use it more of a warmup/stretch in preperation for Saturday.

spikewhite

Awards
Thanks guys. I busted my tail hard today but should be able to rest from now on.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I would do a few light sets of the 3 lifts. I would bench and squat on Monday then bench and dead on Wednesday but keeping it light. Use it more of a warmup/stretch in preperation for Saturday.
I'll second that. By now there is no time to change form or work on anything so your best bet is to take it easy.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
for my last meet I did light assist work on monday, and bodyweight exercises on wednesday, but I like Inarius suggestion too...

Good luck on your meet, hope you hit your numbers

spikewhite

Awards
thanks fellas. going to do some light stuff tonight and rest the next couple days and hopefully pass the 12 hundo mark

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
where is your meet on saturday?
There is a meet that my team is going to in Scranton, PA on Saturday.

spikewhite

Awards
haha na man im a good ways away from there. good luck at your meet

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I am also a powerlifter for my high school, and have been wondering the same thing about the week before my competitions..

I have one in 3 weeks and the big one March 7th. So do you guys just suggest taking the week light or 'deload', if you will?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I am also a powerlifter for my high school, and have been wondering the same thing about the week before my competitions..

I have one in 3 weeks and the big one March 7th. So do you guys just suggest taking the week light or 'deload', if you will?
just read the above

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
just read the above
I did?

I just want to make sure that is the best solution.

Last year I lifted heavy until Thursday, and still won a deadlift trophy on Saturday. I wasn't sore or anything either. Deloading has always been a confusing topic since I have seen many conflicting ideas of how it should be performed.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I did?

I just want to make sure that is the best solution.

Last year I lifted heavy until Thursday, and still won a deadlift trophy on Saturday. I wasn't sore or anything either. Deloading has always been a confusing topic since I have seen many conflicting ideas of how it should be performed.
I would lift light on Monday and Wednesday if the meet is saturday. Just use these days more as a stretch rather than a workout. Eat up all week and you should be good to go. Just listen to your body.

spikewhite

Awards
hey guys thanks for the help. the advice worked cause i beat my goal. i got a 1225 total with a 370 bench 380 squat and 475 deadlift!

NASAKYCHAIR

NASAKYCHAIR

Awards
hey guys thanks for the help. the advice worked cause i beat my goal. i got a 1225 total with a 370 bench 380 squat and 475 deadlift!
Congratulation!!!

You should think about coming to the May 9 NASA Ky State Championship @ Morehead Conference Center.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL

spikewhite

Awards
i think i have finals during that week. if not ill be there