few question

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72%

few question

Alright with out spending a load of money or any for that matter.. how could I train atlas stones with out the real thing.. maybe with a loaded sandbag? I don't know, also how do you train the fingal fingers with out them huge post? And anyone know any way to train the hercules hold?.. any help,greatly appreciated

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.0; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.85%

There is a small olympic lifting gym near my house that has stuff to train for that. So, perhaps look for one in your area?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

Stones: Get the stone trainer from EliteFTS.com!

Fingers: Cut some railroad ties to desired length, bind as many together as needed, then soak the damn thing with water till its heavy as hell! You need to brace the pivot end against something.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Necrias View Post
    Stones: Get the stone trainer from EliteFTS.com!

Fingers: Cut some railroad ties to desired length, bind as many together as needed, then soak the damn thing with water till its heavy as hell! You need to brace the pivot end against something.

Instead of purchasing a stone trainer, you could also unscrew/remove the end of a barbell to achieve the same effect. If you work out in a commercial gym, they may not like this, so you may have to find a cheap bar yourself, which will likely still be a lot cheaper than the trainer.

as for the fingers, I never thought of that, but its a good idea, and a hell of a lot cheaper than steel pipe!
  5. AsylumLifter

Quote Originally Posted by hma123 View Post
    Alright with out spending a load of money or any for that matter.. how could I train atlas stones with out the real thing.. maybe with a loaded sandbag? I don't know, also how do you train the fingal fingers with out them huge post? And anyone know any way to train the hercules hold?.. any help,greatly appreciated

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.0; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2
    Are you wanting to train the events for fun or do you plan to compete? If you plan to compete, go over to the Marunde-Muscle.com forum and make a post saying that you looking for a place to train events in XXXXX city. Strongman competitors are usually pretty cool about letting people train with them as long as your serious.

as for ways to make shift the events:

Stones: you could go to a local flower/yard shop and buy a natural stone(100-200lbs). Not exactly the same but good practice. Or go to Home depot and buy a 6-10" long, 2" diameter metal pipe, and 2 flanges. slide weights onto the bar, then screw on both flanges.
    See here: Youtube, search "diesel crew stones grip", and it is the video titled "Training Atlas Stones Without Atlas Stones". I couldnt post the link because of post count.

Finger: Very few people have these, and if you are wanting to do it for a contest then dont worry about it. It is very rare if ever that you see them in competition unless your competing at WSM.

Hercules Hold: DB holds for time, or Cable Crossover for time but the crossovers usually dont go heavy enough.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.37%

Quote Originally Posted by AsylumLifter View Post
    Stones: you could go to a local flower/yard shop and buy a natural stone(100-200lbs). Not exactly the same but good practice. Or go to Home depot and buy a 6-10" long, 2" diameter metal pipe, and 2 flanges. slide weights onto the bar, then screw on both flanges.
    See here: Youtube, search "diesel crew stones grip", and it is the video titled "Training Atlas Stones Without Atlas Stones". I couldnt post the link because of post count.
    Don't forget that pipe is usually measured by inside diameter, so you'll actually be looking for a 1.5" pipe, which will give an outside diameter of 1.9" or so.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2