USPF Anyone familiar with this federation?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I am looking at possibly joining this fed and just want to hear of possible experiences?

what other feds/organizations would you all recommend?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Just find meets around you first, and then when you notice what is offered around you join that fed if you have to. A lot of the times you will be able just to lift in unsanctioned meets and won't have to worry about membership cards. USPF is not very popular in my area so it doesn't have much appeal to me, but SSA is so that is what I would most likely join. Your just going to lift raw in whatever meets you go to right, or are you going to be a gear whore? I wish the USPF would have a meet around me, I actually have a good shot at breaking the 220 juniors bench record in a single ply shirt but its not worth flying across the country for.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
220 Lbs bench record for you weight??? dang thats nothing... eh I may go 1 ply or 2 ply. I am open to whatever though

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
220 Lbs bench record for you weight??? dang thats nothing... eh I may go 1 ply or 2 ply. I am open to whatever though
You realize 220 is the weight class, not the record right?

ktw

Awards
  • Established
The USPF is a single ply federation. What state are you from? Have you tried powerliftingwatch? They have a forum/fed/gym directory for every state.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I read USPF had 2 divisions. A single ply and above single ply. I am in texas

ktw

Awards
  • Established
You read wrong. They have single ply and raw. Where are you from in Texas. Go to www.badattitudegym.com. They are a gym from Dallas that has lots of elite lifters that compete in the APF, AAPF, NASA, IPA, etc. They can point you in the right direction since they are from the area and have years of experience in that respect. The quality of a federation depends on the state and its respective chairmen. I have not heard much about the USPF in Texas, but I know NASA and the APF run lots of meets there.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
USAPL is pretty big around here. It's drug free and single ply as well.