- 12-16-2008, 10:52 PM
I would like to try out a bench shirt, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I would know what size I need? Also, how much do these shirts usually add to your bench? My max raw is 315 and my 2 board is 315 3 times, 3 board is 365 3 times and finally 4 board 385.
I am 182lbs
Size 31 pants medium shirts if that helps any.
- 12-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I would go to a meet and talk to a vendor. Most meets have a few guys selling stuff. They will be able to help you out. Inzer has sizing charts on their website but really unless you have someone there with experience you won't know what to do or what to look for. I'm a raw lifter and don't know much about shirts but I suggest going to a meet and talking to a vendorSFW and GFH
12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
12-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Check out the sizing charts on the companies websites to get a good idea of what would be a best fit.
Metal IPF bench shirts
12-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Shirts usually add 50-150lbs to you bench. Depending on how good your technique is. Also, what type of competitions do you plan on competing in? There are single ply shirts, double ply shirts, and double ply denim. There are a lot of variables, but you can start by giving your chest measurements, shoulder measurements, and what federation you lift in and I can give you some suggestions.
12-20-2008, 06:06 PM
12-22-2008, 12:02 PM
12-22-2008, 04:21 PM
12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
12-24-2008, 01:51 AM
The board routine helps a ton with strength but I would never tell someone I could bench 385 just because I can do it on 3 or 4 board...lol thanks for the tips people.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Good Earth in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
- By 2475 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
- By Variocam in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 3Last Post: 09-11-2007, 07:55 PM
- By jaybigboy34 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2005, 01:57 PM
- By cpa5oh in forum Training ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:50 AM