Need a new powerlifting routine. did sheiko and WS now what?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Need a new powerlifting routine. did sheiko and WS now what?

Lookin for something different to do.

I've done a couple of shieko routines and they are killers, so many something with a little less volume in a session.

Tried the westside workouts too but i dont really have the bands, boards and chains that they use at my dissposel.

I was thinking of doin the Coan/phillipi 10 week dead lift routine with the Patrik Nyman's Prilepin Bench program and someting for squats.

The Goal: Im not doin a meet anytime soon, i just enjoy powerlifting. Something three or four times a week taking about a hour- hour a half Current stats:
    Bench 450lbs
    Squat 525lbs w belt
    Deadlift 615 w belt an straps

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

look into linear periodization.
    SFW and GFH
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

I'll take a look into it.
    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it !
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.98%

google "power matrix" its a progressive pyramid routine that ive used for consistent gains several times, very taxing, but productive, you could also find it in the archives at MMIpowertraining.com
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

you can find some at criticalbench.com
    SFW and GFH
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

i like the power matrix one.
    I'll run this an see how it goes.
    Thanks for the advice
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by hewj11 View Post

I've done a couple of shieko routines and they are killers, so many something with a little less volume in a session.

Tried the westside workouts too but i dont really have the bands, boards and chains that they use at my dissposel.

I was thinking of doin the Coan/phillipi 10 week dead lift routine with the Patrik Nyman's Prilepin Bench program and someting for squats.

The Goal: Im not doin a meet anytime soon, i just enjoy powerlifting. Something three or four times a week taking about a hour- hour a half Current stats:
    Bench 450lbs
    Squat 525lbs w belt
    Deadlift 615 w belt an straps

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
    I would consider spending 45mins doing your hair pre-workout, stop by buckle and get an affliction shirt (small), swing into your local gas station and pick up a sugarfree monster energy drink, arrive at the gym with akon blaring out of your moms Cadillac (trunk rattling), take your coat off before you walk into the gym to make sure the cardio bunnies can see your swole, chat with the employee that you call "boss" that is sitting at the front desk * optional bro'sef handshake, spend 27 mins flexing your bi's and your calf's, grab an RTD from the cooler and get out of there.

It is that easy my friend. :bb3::bb3::bb3:

or, look into a template from BIG Iron Gym. They have been producing some great lifters.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.47%

Big Iron is selling a template online now, but it won't be of any use. Big Iron is successful because they have a great coach who knows how to call weights and spot weak points in his lifters. You can try to do what they do, but it will be impossible. Rick has produced dozens of elite lifters and his expertise is a big part of their success.

My suggestion is you buy Mike Tuchscherer's RTS manual. It is the best money I have spent on training and is incredibly helpful. With that manual, you will be able to program your own training pretty much forever. I would recommend it. It incorporates block periodization and lots of other principles.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I would consider spending 45mins doing your hair pre-workout, stop by buckle and get an affliction shirt (small), swing into your local gas station and pick up a sugarfree monster energy drink, arrive at the gym with akon blaring out of your moms Cadillac (trunk rattling), take your coat off before you walk into the gym to make sure the cardio bunnies can see your swole, chat with the employee that you call "boss" that is sitting at the front desk * optional bro'sef handshake, spend 27 mins flexing your bi's and your calf's, grab an RTD from the cooler and get out of there.

It is that easy my friend. :bb3::bb3::bb3:

or, look into a template from BIG Iron Gym. They have been producing some great lifters.

This was great. I left a gym for lifting as well as employment because i would go in there and just be surruonded by people that were just wasting time. Drove me insane.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Quote Originally Posted by ktw View Post
    Big Iron is selling a template online now, but it won't be of any use. Big Iron is successful because they have a great coach who knows how to call weights and spot weak points in his lifters. You can try to do what they do, but it will be impossible. Rick has produced dozens of elite lifters and his expertise is a big part of their success.

My suggestion is you buy Mike Tuchscherer's RTS manual. It is the best money I have spent on training and is incredibly helpful. With that manual, you will be able to program your own training pretty much forever. I would recommend it. It incorporates block periodization and lots of other principles.
    Looked this up and this is absolutly perfect. And have seen nothing but good reviews for it. Thanks for the input. The power matrix wasnt as impressive as i thought it would be.
    Thanks
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.47%

Looked this up and this is absolutly perfect. And have seen nothing but good reviews for it. Thanks for the input. The power matrix wasnt as impressive as i thought it would be.
    Thanks
    Glad to help. Post a log on rts.activeboard.com if you end up going with it. That's Mike's site and he can give you input along the way and there are lots of lifters on there that also use the system that can help you as well.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.85%

Though it's not exactly a powerlifting routine, the program recommended in Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength may work. It's called the Novice Program and I'm sure you're not a novice, but it's very basic and brief. I used it when I decided to get into powerlifting, just to get a great strength base. Also check out the Texas Method; you can google it. It's the program I'm currently using to train for my first meet in March of this year. It's found in Rippetoes's Practical Programming for Strength Training, too. I've used it since October 08 and have made great progress. Good luck.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.33%

mind sharing what results u got from WS and sheiko?

If you liked high-volume routine like sheiko in Norway alot of the strongest people train "Dietmar"
    Just google it and see what you can find... Currently using the rutine myself with great results after 4weeks
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.73%

My question/suggestion would be 'did the Sheiko routines add to your total?'

If they did, my as*hole-sounding question would be 'why are you looking to change then? '

If they did not I might be able to give you a steer on why, and how to make them work I have quite a lot of experience training this way, and I can tell you that in pretty much 100% of cases if they are followed correctly and appropriately they will make you stronger if you are a raw or single ply lifter.

The key variaiton is work capacity.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

damn you powerlift a lot.

mine is deadlift 250
    squat 275
    bench 225 and im 5'7" 150 lbs
  16. AsylumLifter

First, you can "do" the Westside routine. It is not a 10 week program, it is a way to train that has no ending.

My advice would be to not look for different programs. You have a good amount of strength already and should know your body and what works for each bodypart. Be consistant + Lifting Heavy = Success.

Similar Forum Threads

1. powerlifting routine...
    By loganccga in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 02:05 AM
  2. Powerlifting routine Calculators
    By thaOrleanyte in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
  3. bulking and powerlifting/routine
    By lightweight57 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4