Best "Power" Music.

Edward Nigma

Awards
First off, my apologizes if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Now, through some sort of science wizardry, it has been proven that listening to music whilst working out can allow for more reps, higher weights, and longer workouts in general (ALWAYS a good thing). This is due to the music providing a distraction to your brain, albeit a small one, and allowing you to have less focus on the "muscle fire" feeling and as an added plus, you can develop a good rhythm to your sets for improved...something or other (as I forget the term I am looking for).

I might even go as far as to suggest a cardio and weight lifting section of your music storage device (ipod, zune, CD, tape, 8 track, etc.) list to display on this thread; if you so desired. While I might add something like "Just make sure it makes you want to tear [bad word] up!" or something to that effect, I won't; seeing as how everyone has a preference.

Personally, I listen to the same stuff regardless of what I'm doing. This is what can be found on my 1GB mp3 (as opposed to mp4) player:

Rammstein: As I do not have a comprehensive understanding of the German language, I can't understand what they're saying, so the lyrics sort of fly over my head and I can just enjoy the sounds I hear.

Herzeleid (album)- Every song, minus "Seemann," on this album can be found on my mp3 player. Just listening to it makes my biceps feel bigger (especially "Weisses Fleisch").

Reise, Reise (album)- A few good songs (5/11) on this album are enough to warrant having it. "Mein Teil" is just one of those songs that makes you want to lift heavy objects and break stuff.

Mutter (album)- With track such as "Feuer Frei" (the "Bang Bang" song from XXX; Vin Diesel movie, gutter-minds) exploding into your ears, this album is full of tracks that make me want to shread my shirt like The Incredible Hulk!

Rosenrot (album)- This is what I listen to while going up a max incline treadmill for over an hour and a half. The tracks are (musically) more complex and are good for mountain climbing.

The "(album)" thing is due to all those albums having a title track on them.

(Hed)P.E.:

The Best Of (Hed) Planet Earth- With their mix of rap and metal, these guys just make me want to either start breaking things or slapping ho's. Not sure yet. "Waiting to Die" is a good end-of-workout song, simply because that's what were all doing at that point.

KoRn:

Various albums- What can I say, I like the "nu-metal" thing. KoRn just has that crunchy-grinding-angry sound that I like when moving heavy objects around.

Cradle of Filth:

Damnation and a Day, Nymphetamine, and Thornography (Special editions too)- The boys, and two girls, from back home simply deliver for me. This is actually what I have playing while driving to, and back from, the gym. The fact that I can actually sing along with Dani (lead singer) makes this even better. The look on all the peoples faces in the parking lot and nearby drive-thru makes it priceless.

Dir en Grey:

Withering to Death- Some good Japanese hard rock/metal for those days when I just don't give a damn anymore.

Apocalyptica:

These guys just rock, Metallica on cellos is just epic!

Marylin Manson:

Assorted tracks- Fight Song, mOBSCENE, Disposable Teens, and This is the new ****.

There's also some other stuff on there from various artist CD's and movie sound tracks, but this is just what my 1 GB can hold.

So what do you lot listen to while working out; or for that matter, would like to listen to while working out.

Last edited:
CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
i still with you on the nu-metal bandwagon: I roll with Rage, Korn, Primer 55, Slipknot, Soulfly, Hatebreed, Throwdown, Five FInger Death Punch, and DMX

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like a little Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson to get me moto !!!

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
The hits of Mr. Lionel Richie gets me pretty f'n pumped personally.lol

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
ya know, i was thinking about trying out Frank Sinatra Sr.

luuk92

Awards
I listen to Chimaira and Lamb of God. You'll also find some Five Finger Death Punch in my headphones. Chimaira is a great f'n band to get you pumped, same with LoG.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
Killswitch, dark new day and sevendust mostly.

Some rise against mixed in too.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Pantera is a great band, but sometimes I found myself headbanging instead of lifting- so they were not allowed to be gym music.
lol the only reason i could imagine Pantera being not allowed someplace... and not having it an insult to the band.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
air supply, neil sedaka, barry manilow...

+1 on the rammstein! sevendust, disturbed.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Bad Brains - Big Takeover
Bad Brains - Right Brigade
Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown
Metallica, Sepultura, Slayer, Pantera (although I agree with the posters above about getting "too into the music")

But I must mention again...Bad Brains - Big Takeover, sh*t gets me pumped like nothing on this earth. I need absolutely no pre-wo supp with that on my Ipod.

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
Well I may be the only one here, but some viking metal music gets the job done for me.

Turisas
Tyr
Gojira
Amon Amarth
Finntroll

paladin

paladin

Awards
Marilyn Manson. haha It pisses me off, helps me move some good weight around.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Black Sabbath, Stooges, AC/DC, ie. the roots of metal really rocket!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here try this...

http://rapidshare.com/files/17926234...ganda.mp3.html

Artist: Somatic
Track: Propaganda
Time: 1:16:27
Year: 2004
Genre: Hardcore

He's a friend that DJ's in Los Angeles. Reps if you can catch all the movie cuts in there. I'll go ahead and throw my favorite out:

'You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye"

DALLASxBROWN

DALLASxBROWN

Awards
ceremony
bitter end
mother of mercy
let down
hatebreed
earthquake
martyr a.d.
donnybrook!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have found the best power music is not one that is just hardcore pumping bass through your skull. It is usually a song that triggers an emotional response, or sends you into a day dream. A song where the words take your mind out of its box and put you into another world. It is these songs that if applied right I find trigger an immense increase in willingness to burn through the pain.

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Britney Spears..... nothin gets me more fired up

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
PANTERA!!!!!

Spankyswrekd

Awards
Five Finger Death Punch owns my gym play list but also on there is As I lay Dying, Lamb of God, Slipknot and Pantera. Pantera's Domination and 5fdp White Knuckle are defintely my power songs, more weight more reps everytime.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
as i said..... my playlist is pantera, mastodin, lamb of god, damageplan, down, soilent green, tool, alice in chains.

fogie13

fogie13

Awards
here we go:
Ghenghis Tron: Dead Mountain Mouth,
Emmure: Goodbye to the Gallows,
The Haunted: Made me Do it,
The Number twelve looks like you: Mongrel
Belvedere (siiick canadian punk band)

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFx85CfMvWI"]YouTube - All Shall Perish - Eradication Video (UnCUT)[/ame]

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
anything by slipknot, disturbed, rage against the machine, and sevendust is usually what is playing on my ipod

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
:tool:

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
haha j/k