Jesup power bar for squatting

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
I split time training between home and a gym that caters to powerlifters. At the gym they have a Texas Squat Bar and another (not sure the brand) squat bar. At home I have just a regular "power bar." The knurling on the squat bar in the middle is real long...allows me to achieve a low bar position without the bar feeling like it is going to slide down my back. The bar I have at home has little weeny knurling in the middle that is about six inches long and doesn't contact my shoulders at all.

I don't know that I want to spend $400 on a Texas Squat Bar, so I was considering the Jesup power bar that I've read about as a good squat bar.

Question is on the knurling...is it long in the middle like a Texas Squat Bar? Or is it going to be more typical of a 'regular' power bar, with the six inches of knurling in the middle?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any advice you can give.

purepower10

Awards
I've got the Jesup Powerbar. Its short(6inches) in the middle.

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any problems with it wanting to roll off your back? Or is the larger size (1 1/4") make a difference (making it easier to keep a low bar position without rolling?)

Thanks!
Dan

purepower10

Awards
Do you have any problems with it wanting to roll off your back? Or is the larger size (1 1/4") make a difference (making it easier to keep a low bar position without rolling?)

Thanks!
Dan
When I got home yesterday I measured the middle knurling and actually its only about 4 inches. I don't have a problem with it. Actually it digs into your back pretty good. It has VERY deep knurling(actually kinda sharp 2). The smooth part only makes up about 4-6 inches IF that on each side of the middle knurling. The outer knurl still comes in contact with my back when I squat and the middle knurl does 2. I can't squat in a tank top with this bar, it'll scratch u up pretty good.LOL!!! Hope this helps!