neW COMER HERE

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am bodybuilder(haven competed yet) and I am thinking about doing a PL meet, bench, squat, dead.

What are the weight classes?

what a decent RAW lift for a 225 guy?

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My maxes are:
B-305
D-415
S- 315 bodybuilder style ATG

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add at least 100lbs to everything. 2.5xBW on squat and DL, 2xBW on BP.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Well I am at about the same weight, and I am going to drop down under 220 for my meet in November. For my training raw I have about a 405 bench, 505 dead, and a 400 squat. My squat is considered very weak amongst the guys I train with and the reason it is so low is because I have balance and stability issues. If you google powerlifting watch you will find a site that will lay out the weigh classes and what the records are for certain divisions.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
At your weight you should easily be able to get your deadlift to around 500lbs and squat somewhere in the 400-450 area. You may want to look into changing your type of training and diet scheme a bit to more accommodate powerlifting. It is going to be important that you either focus on powerlifting or bodybuilding, because although they are not mutually exclusive it is going to be hard to excel in both unless you are on gas....

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At your weight you should easily be able to get your deadlift to around 500lbs and squat somewhere in the 400-450 area. You may want to look into changing your type of training and diet scheme a bit to more accommodate powerlifting. It is going to be important that you either focus on powerlifting or bodybuilding, because although they are not mutually exclusive it is going to be hard to excel in both unless you are on gas....
i stop squating at pallel last summer. I got ASS TO GRASS. but i have squated 405 at pallel.. im have beening keeping my reps at 6-20.

I would like to try WS program for 4 weeks, just see what happens

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Give the west side template longer than 4 weeks, you will get results but they take time to notice if you are correctly using the conjugate method

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
keep in mind, you have to train harder than you compete... You only need to get parallel in a comp, not ATG... Rome wasn't built in a day... Yadda yadda

Do not let the above comments keep you from entering your first comp, give it your all and beat yourself!

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
my numbers at 238, RAW also, are not that much better that yours. I squatted and DLed 440 in my first meet, only got my opener on the bench of 285 because of a technicality. my goals in my October meet are 500 DL and SQ, and solidifying my 315 bench.

so far PL to me has been about pushing my limits, setting new goals and traning for them, not about competing against other PLers. By all means sign up for a competition, they are exciting, you meet great individuals and maybe get to see some really strong mofo's pushing some really heavy sh.t around. In my first meet I got to see Richie Briggs from Big Iron gym hit a 858 bench...

my only advice is start adjusting your training to how you will be judged so it is not a surprise. touch your chest with a pause, wait for rack commands, hit parallel, dont hitch on your thighs during DL, etc....

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: ^
It is really important to train under meet conditions, I know personally I was so use to immediately racking a weight after a bench or squat. This would not fly in a meet because you are not demonstrating control of the weight. Depending on the type of meet you do too, you may have to lift out of a mono lift for squatting which takes some getting use to. Like stated above, once you get your training more powerlifter friendly you will be surprised how much stronger you can get. If you need help coming up with a routine let us know because some of the guys on the board are very intelligent and experienced..

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks alot guys.. really.. im goiin g to give westside a shot stating on oct 1st... and hope i get stronger and bigger for my 09 bb season