want to bench 300

theman

Awards
hey guys new to the i can currently bench 220 for 1 rep can
some give me a good routine to get to 300?
thanks.:sick::sick:

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Upper back...if you can push it you should be able to pull it.

My recommendation is to not go solely after benching, make sure you are working everything. The more you do squats and deads the stronger you will get every where else.

If I was to recommend a program for strength I have to give props to Bill Starr's 5x5.

Keep working at it....you'll get there.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
If i could point you in a direction I'd say go look around elitefts.com and criticalbench.com, you may find some helpful info in those areas

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Really?

I find that ironic, my friend can dead 455 for a rep, and do usually more weight than i can on back but my bench blows him out of the water

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Really?

I find that ironic, my friend can dead 455 for a rep, and do usually more weight than i can on back but my bench blows him out of the water
if you dl and had just as strong back, you would blow him into orbit :)

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Well im switching a BB/Powerlifting hybrid routine right now..only problem is i have to make it up still haha

Should be a fun run

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Everybody's genetically predisposed to be stronger in certain body parts than others. I could shrug 200 lbs. w/ my traps no problem when I Started lifting weights and could only bench 135.

I think the challenge of bodybuilding is to make Every part As strong.

Really?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
triceps, front deltoids, rear delts, upper back. also your positioning on the bench and foot placement. have a strong base and proper breathing. my suggestion is to add close grip bench presses and one arm db bench presses to your routine. see how that works.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My recommendation is to not go solely after benching, make sure you are working everything. The more you do squats and deads the stronger you will get every where else.
Could you explain your logic please. This is not true for me at all.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
Could you explain your logic please. This is not true for me at all.
The stronger your base is when benching the more your main movers can push to their potential. Strong lats stabilize your shoulders. Strong legs keep your torso from shifting during the bench. Strong abs and back keep your arch.

At least thats how I think of it.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The stronger your base is when benching the more your main movers can push to their potential. Strong lats stabilize your shoulders. Strong legs keep your torso from shifting during the bench. Strong abs and back keep your arch.

At least thats how I think of it.
I can see your logic. But more in a sense of a dificiency in those areas as potentially hurting your bench. But if you aren't "unstable" in those areas, making them stronger is not going to help your bench IMO. I've squatted and deadlifted just shy of 500 with strict form. But have never solved my whimpy benching dilemma :think:

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I can see your logic. But more in a sense of a dificiency in those areas as potentially hurting your bench. But if you aren't "unstable" in those areas, making them stronger is not going to help your bench IMO. I've squatted and deadlifted just shy of 500 with strict form. But have never solved my whimpy benching dilemma :think:
Well, have you taken a vid of your benching?

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
everyone is built differently.. Try focusing on Incline more so then flat bech. I eliminated flat from my chest routine and hit only incline and decline...After about a month i hit flat and the weight i was repping was about 30 lbs more...

Keep switching things up, you never want to get stagnent in a routine, especially if your not making progress

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, have you taken a vid of your benching?
No, but that's definately a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any video equipment.

I have real good pec development, so to be honest, I'm not all that worried about how many plates are on the bar. I was more curious to hear the strong deadlift and squat make your bench stronger explanation.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed my bench shoot up from doing olympic lifting, and dropped incline dumbell press for flat dumbell press after bench presses