405 x 3 almost 4

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice lift man but was someone spotting from off the side or something? Wondering how you made it out from under that weight lol

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no spotter. hehe, There are small ledges or hooks about 3-5" above my face on the bench that I was able to rack it on....I usually only use a spotter on max lift attempts

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
why wouldn't you use a spotter most of the time? Not to help you lift the weight but for safety and for a forced rep or to blast through a sticking point? I always use a spotter for at least a lift off.
Just curious. Sweet power though bro!

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Idk I just dont like anyone touching the weight or helping me....

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
I hear you about the touching while you are working but the safety factor? I get a bit freaked about that stuff because some dude died in a local gym doing the same thing. Be safe bro!

and one other thing, after watching your video a few times you are wiggling around quite a bit. This is not meant to break your balls but if you got a strong,set, firm base you wouldn't waste as much energy trying to balance yourself as you are pushing. Find that spot and post your feet to the floor and then try to push them through it.
But you are one strong hombre regardless. Just a thought.

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yes I know, I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before from anxiety. So I took a bunch of EC (big mistake) & it made me kinda jittery couldn't sit still, and increased that damned anxiety.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes i hate spotters.. for example I was in the gym with a m8 and he took his m8 along..so my m8's buddy was spotting me while doing bench..everytime i was going up he would put his 2 index fingers under the bar and like guide me up. I had to tell him to stop doing it loads of times, it really started to **** me right off!:fool2: It wasn't like he was helping me it. his stupid hands in the way just annoyed me!

/rant over :p

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Chub,
I hear you about that entire touching the bar routine. Finding a good spotter is tough.

But really, the McCandless quote is awesome!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
sick lifts........

safey first, man............

AsylumLifter

So what are you planning to do when you go to rack on the little hooks above your head and miss? My guess it that you either end up with the bar on your neck for the rest of the night, or hurt yourself straining while trying to remove it. Either conclusion sucks when a spotter could prevent both.

If you rarely have a spotter around,then buy a cheap squat rack with adjustable catch pens and do your bench inside the cage