Power Belt...

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
I need some help with choosing a decent belt, the paper thin leather belts at my gym arent cutting it anymore and im not too sure of what to look for in a "good" belt, im not looking to spend more than $50 bucks but dont want to sacrifice quality... any help would be greatly apreciated

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i just bought a sheik belt yesterday. it's a nylon one, and shaped so it doesn't dig into your obliques. thats what i never liked about the traditional leather ones

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
where did you order it from? and what kind of latch/buckle is it?

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
Yea, ive used an EFS belt before, they are sick, but that Schiek looks hella comfortable...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, ive used an EFS belt before, they are sick, but that Schiek looks hella comfortable...
haha comfort is not my main concern regarding belts...

Big Wides

Big Wides

Awards
I know you said you didnt want to spend more than $50 on a belt, but I currently use a Cardillo lever belt. Its not all that comfortable but it gets the job done. The fit is good which is the important factor

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I too have been thinking of getting one. So anyone know if there is a specific reason to get a 6" or 8" or whatever they come in?
The thickness top to bottom when on in the lower back area?
I almost grabbed a Nike one from Sports Authority like the Shiek one but felt like i would destroy it.

Also, try a basic sports store, the same one has some nice strong leather ones for $35 and under by me.

fast1

Awards
i just bought a sheik belt yesterday. it's a nylon one, and shaped so it doesn't dig into your obliques. thats what i never liked about the traditional leather ones
i use a similar one and love it. my complaint was the same for the big leather ones.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Wow, used a belt for my first time ever squating. It was an Atlas i think, leather, small pad in the back, i think a 6" in back and 3 or 4" everywhere else.
Hit 315 for 3 but didnt want to push hard. Felt so good, lower back next day was fine, legs and glutes hurt liek a mofo....def. gettin one for myself.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i use a belt from bb.com, the power up 4" power belt. its only 20$ but its a really good belt. i hate recommending stuff from that site when there is nutraplanet, but they dont carry the belt...