5x5

1. 5x5

any comments about this program for beginning in more of a powerlifting style?

StrongLifts 5×5 Beginner Strength Training Program | StrongLifts.com

2. How long have you been training?

If you are a bit more experienced I might recommend Bill Starr's 5x5 program. Just google the former and it will pop up. He also has an intermediate program and they all work off of excel.
    •   

3. thanks for the reply FF. actually have trained on & off for quite a few years. have mostly followed "bodybuilding" type splits though. i'd like to stick to compound moves like three times a week because of time constraints & still achieve more than just maintenance. i know that one can't squat/deadlift & bench every session. trying to optimize thi concept if there is such a thing

4. I did 5x5 for a while, but honestly GVT by Poliquin has been much more effective for me.

5. i've done a 5x5 program at our high school. it doesnt seem to be too bad, but i noticed some plateau badly and also our coaches dont change the program often so that could be part of the problem... dumb a$$es lol

6. 5x5 is a sound program that will help you get a soild base and add some strength gains. The trick is not missing any weights/sets/reps. Combine this with a soild eating plan and getting the necessary rest required you will see quaily gains from it