powerlifting magazine

sorethums

Awards
hi im quite new to the sport, ive only had one comp (came 2nd 77kg). im from scotland. what is the best powerlifting magazine? i usualy get muscle mag but thats more bodbuilding. thanks.

Dupont

Awards
Other PL mags in the USA have come and gone, often in the middle of your paid subscription, btw.

PL USA has been around since the mid-late 1970's.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Other PL mags in the USA have come and gone, often in the middle of your paid subscription, btw.

PL USA has been around since the mid-late 1970's.
Yes, while some people open up bars in Utah with your subscription money. Been their done that.

Dupont

Awards
Yes, while some people open up bars in Utah with your subscription money. Been their done that.
Almost forgot about those boogers . . . . ordered a 3 yr subscription instead of a one year (I was gonna be reading for many years anyway) so I could get the free tee shirt.

The tee arrived, it was the fine quality type where you could lay it over a vitamin jar and still read the list of ingredients with one eye tied behind your back, got about 6 issues and then the mag vanished.

Got an email from him afterwards offering leftover clothing from their store as a compensation, I replied with my choice, he never responded. Just glanced at a backcopy, I'm talking about MM outta Idaho, that the one you mean?

The Milo I am thinking about is from the same Iron Mind guy who offers the Captains of Crush grippers, no? Haven't looked at that in a while, used to be a great little "underground" mag, but it mixes other strength sports with PL, in case the poster above is solely interested in PL. Was frustrating to me in that I liked it but it was a quarterly, wasn't it? When I really like a mag I hate waiting 3 months between issues, but flipping through a stack of Milo back copies is a great way to spend a day.

Meanwhile PLUSA has been like the Energizer Bunny for 30 or so years . . . . .

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Yup, thats right it was utah, not idaho. Real class acts their.

satyricon

Awards
powerliftingusa if you want only p lifting,good mag but mostly filled with meet numbers and stats. milo is def the best mag around for all strength sports coverage and awsome articles, you only get 4 a year tho, but imo its worth the price and the wait.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
powerliftingusa if you want only p lifting,good mag but mostly filled with meet numbers and stats. milo is def the best mag around for all strength sports coverage and awsome articles, you only get 4 a year tho, but imo its worth the price and the wait.
Good post...

satyricon

Awards
well i used to get PLusa, had high hopes of getting into PL but turns out i suck at benching and am not cut out for the training PL requires. milo is more my thing(grip,oly lifts,mma,conditioning etc.) so....ya,