~ PowerChews Review~ creapure, bcaa & glut

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established

OK, finally got a chance to try all my PowerChews samples so here's my review. Gonna review the Pre-workout separate since that will be more about the performance enhancement and a little less about the flavor.

Flavor: 10/10 (glutamine, BCAA & Creapure)​

These lil' mothers pack some good flavor for a supplement candy! I've sampled the ON amino chews before and I didn't like them one, they weren't bad but not candy-like (to me anyways). Powerchews weren't chalky-tasting like the others and really tasted like a Sweet Tarts (although not as solid as one).

Creapure and glutamine are almost flavorless so I wasn't so worried with them ,I was most skeptical with the BCAA chews since as we all know aminos taste horrid without flavoring and sometimes even with flavoring they are unbearable. I think just about anyone would find these quite pleasing if you're craving a little sweetness or just plain tired of drinking supps or swallowing copious amounts of caps/tabs.

Other Comments:

I'd like to point out that I experienced NO stomach discomfort from the Xylitol (sugar alcohol). I've had a few products (including protein bars) give me severe stomach cramps from sugar alcohols so I made sure to do a little experimenting with this. I took the Creapure chews pre-workout to see if it upset my stomach, nothing. Then, postworkout I took the BCAAs & the glutamine together to see if there would be any cramping, nothing still. :)

DEE151

DEE151

Awards
your right up looks great i like it.
this is good to here.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good review. You're right that xylitol is the best sugar alcohol since it has health benefits and rarely causes stomach discomfort.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Good review. You're right that xylitol is the best sugar alcohol since it has health benefits and rarely causes stomach discomfort.
The one that stands out to me were the Supreme Protein bars... they sat in my stomach like a stone.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great review man! These things are tasty for sure and addictive. Finally a candy that I don't have to feel bad about eating

You'll enjoy the preworkout chews I'm sure bro. For me, a 6 chew dose is perfect, but I also have a high tolerance for Stims. Looking forward to that review! ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear they suited you well, man. Tasty little things ;)

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Nice review, they do taste great whether its from the xylitol or something else; its still bomb.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good review mate! No stomach issues with me either.

DEE151

DEE151

Awards
I am fixing to hed to the gym here in about an hr and wen I go i take my bcaa in my bag and i eat them wen i am doing my cardio after my work out.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I am fixing to hed to the gym here in about an hr and wen I go i take my bcaa in my bag and i eat them wen i am doing my cardio after my work out.
Sounds good, convenience factor is definitely high with this product. :33:

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the review, glad you liked the flavoring of these things....haven't heard a complaint yet

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only complaints come from people who haven't tried them, IMO...

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Only complaints come from people who haven't tried them, IMO...
Well, that is the problem... The only people I can see bitching are the ones on a keto diet because it's hard to work the extra (albeit tiny) amount of carbs into their macros. If they are worried about taste (probably cause they tried ON's) then they'll just have to wait for more samples to go out... I think you guys nailed the candy/supplement hybrid.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, that is the problem... The only people I can see bitching are the ones on a keto diet because it's hard to work the extra (albeit tiny) amount of carbs into their macros. If they are worried about taste (probably cause they tried ON's) then they'll just have to wait for more samples to go out... I think you guys nailed the candy/supplement hybrid.
There's the thing, it's keto-friendly (at least as far as I understand)! The carbs are all sugar-alcohols, so they are not metabolized like carbs but are instead processed in the liver (zero net carbs). No insulin spikes here, very even energy. It actually HELPS regulate blood glucose and improve gut health. Not to mention that it helps your teeth too!

Atkins, keto, low-carb friendly!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
There's the thing, it's keto-friendly (at least as far as I understand)! The carbs are all sugar-alcohols, so they are not metabolized like carbs but are instead processed in the liver (zero net carbs). No insulin spikes here, very even energy. It actually HELPS regulate blood glucose and improve gut health. Not to mention that it helps your teeth too!

Atkins, keto, low-carb friendly!
That's pretty neat, I didn't know they wouldn't have any effect on insulin.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's pretty neat, I didn't know they wouldn't have any effect on insulin.
Yep....a very nice thing for us that do intermittent fasting since spiking insulin during our fast is something we don't want!

nerdalert

Awards
I've been very happy with each of the powerchews that I have tried..

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been very happy with each of the powerchews that I have tried..
Ditto...I have tried them all except the Glutamine, and have been very impressed with all of them.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Using the crea chews now... Eating them all day as I'm loading for the 1st week :D

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Using the crea chews now... Eating them all day as I'm loading for the 1st week :D
That is the fun part! I remember that from when I cracked open my creatine chews tub! ;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BCAA chews here, NOM NOM NOMMMMMMMM!!!! ;)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bcaa and glutamine chews with a nice cup of chamomile tea at night....it's heaven on earth

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
BCAA's are the ones I want!

DEE151

DEE151

Awards
I will be picking me up some BCAA and Creatine chews here real soon. they are bomb ****

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 5
Supplement Logs 0
taman6886 Supplement Logs 18
bowskie69 Supplement Logs 27
Colbert Supplements 4