Anyone ever have legal problems with their research hobby?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if this should go here or in the general section but...
I was at my gym today and two guys got into a discussion about ordering chems for their rats. Long story short one of the guys said he knows a bunch of people who have been questioned/charged for purchasing tamox, clomid, etc. Got me curious if anyone has ever had such a problem happen to them.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
There are other methods for attaining these things, if you're worried about it. Research websites are not the only online option.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
There are other methods for attaining these things, if you're worried about it. Research websites are not the only online option.
I personally could care less about them, I was just curious if anyone got caught with them and what the consequences were.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Well in order for a prosecutor to make any progress with a charge he would have to prove that they were actually used for something other than research. I'm fairly certain with my own interpretation of the law in that posession is perfectly legal if attained from a research site and that research never needs to be initiated.

The part that makes it illegal is using it in other ways. So, essentially, they would have to prove that 1) You didn't use it for research and 2) that the actual chem you bought from whichever site was the same chem (as in same package/vial) from which they proved #1. Sounds complicated and I probably didn't explain it well. In other words you would have to be caught pretty red-dead handed to get in actual trouble and you'd also have to have a total asshat for a lawyer.

Another interesting angle, though, is that a purchaser may need to have established permits and research certifications to be able to legally purchase items labeled as 'research only' in some states, or maybe even nationally. I am unsure about this one but it seems very plausible.

C

Cal

Awards
The simple fact is that I don't know of ANY state that has a charge for possession of tamoxifen or any other chemical that is a true research chemical.

(Keep in mind that in order to fit the traditional bb'er definition of a "research chemical, the chemical must be non-controlled aka not scheduled.)