Milk Thistle

Best way to take milk thistle so not to hinder gains?

• Pre-load?

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Take while on cycle?

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Take while off cycle?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Take on off days while on cycle?

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Dont take at all?

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
UKhardgainer

UKhardgainer

Awards
When to take Milk Thistle?????????

To pre-load?

To be taken on cycle?

To be taken off cycle?

To be taken on off days while on cycle?

Or not at all?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
on an oral cycle milk thistle should be started 2 weeks before the cycle and run through PCT.

from what I understand you have to take milk thistle for a month to see the benefits of it...that's why you start it before your cycle.

also check out cycle support...liver support plus it helps with blood pressure and prostate.

UKhardgainer

UKhardgainer

Awards
What about the the potential loss of gains due to milk thistle?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
don't take the MT within 6 hours of your methylated compounds. since you should take those products earlier in the day anyways you should be able to take MT just before bed.

also, I'd rather sacrifice a little bit of gains to keep my liver from being pickled!

UKhardgainer

UKhardgainer

Awards
Yeah I agree with I normally take MT be bed, and you only get one body so we might as well look after it.

Cheers :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This discussion has come up multiple times and I've had guys tell me that they saw no difference between cycles when using milk thistle and not using milk thistle.

I'd prefer to err on the side of caution anyway, so I say take milk thistle at during cycle.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What sort of dosages are people using? I take 1-2g of 80% powder on my off days.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cycle Support was created to contain optimal dosages and it utilizes Silymarin (milk thistle extract) at 1000mg per suggested daily intake. You should be fine with 1g per day.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Taking it on cycle is the most important. I don't really believe in the old "load up" theory. I do agree however with Delsorob about not taking it within close proximity to your cycle dosage. 4 hours should be enough time in between.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some things do need to be pre-loaded, but I don't believe it's necessary for milk thistle.

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some things do need to pre-loaded, but I don't believe it's necessary for milk thistle.
Agreed - Pre-loading NAC would definitely be beneficial overall.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hawthorne berry requires pre-loading as well. That's why suggest pre-loading Cycle Support.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hawthorne berry requires pre-loading as well. That's why suggest pre-loading Cycle Support.
I'm doing that as we speak. :)

The new bulker starts next week! :afro:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...does that mean another log???

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
When I said "load up" I was only referring to milk thistle. I do however think that there are other products that call for a load up that is either overkill or totally unecessary.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...does that mean another log???
Oh yes.....:)

Outside of 3-AD, i haven't done anything hormonal in some time. It is time my friend! :D

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
i'm glad i read this, i was taking mine after i eat breakfast, but ill take it before bed now.
is it ok to take 800mg before bed or should i just do one cap of 400mg.?
i am also taking ai cycle support twice a day. i just started my havoc cycle by the way.;)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're taking Anabolic Innovations Cycle Support then you don't need to add ANY milk thistle:

Servings Per Container60
2 Servings Provide:

(All Extracts Are Standardized)
Red Yeast Rice 1200mg
NAC 1200mg
Silymarin (Milk Thistle Extract) 1000mg
Hawthorn Berry 1000mg
Saw Palmetto 300mg
Nettle Root 250mg
Celery Seed Extract 150mg
Idebenone 100mg (Analogue of CoQ10 that is not a pro oxidant)
Policosanol 20mg

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a problem Dustinhxc. I would just take the Cycle Support while on cycle and then use the milk thistle during pct if you're using a first or second generation SERM.

Do you have your pct lined up? If you need some help with it then feel free to shoot me a PM (so we don't hijack this one...)

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
if anyone is worried about hindered gains using thistle, then just do what bassgod does and use SAM-e instead :) 400mg and it will also help your mood and many other things.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
I always Preload for two weeks, take during, take during PCT.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if anyone is worried about hindered gains using thistle, then just do what bassgod does and use SAM-e instead :) 400mg and it will also help your mood and many other things.
A lot of guys over bb.com seem to like SAM-e with POST Cycle Support. Hmm :think:

Bassgod, do you prefer any particular brand of SAM-e and if so, why? Just wondering...I've never really looked into the stuff.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
A lot of guys over bb.com seem to like SAM-e with POST Cycle Support. Hmm :think:

Bassgod, do you prefer any particular brand of SAM-e and if so, why? Just wondering...I've never really looked into the stuff.
I am a pharmacy tech at Walgreen's, so I get a discount on all Walgreen's products. So I buy their brand. SAM-e is NOT cheap, that's it's only problem. IMO it's worth it though. The brand is Finest Natural. I'd do a little research on it as it helps with many other things, besides just being a superb liver aid. One thing I will say is do NOT buy ANY SAM-e that does NOT come in a blister pack. It MUST be stored in a blister pack.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting, thanks.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't take the MT within 6 hours of your methylated compounds. since you should take those products earlier in the day anyways you should be able to take MT just before bed.

also, I'd rather sacrifice a little bit of gains to keep my liver from being pickled!
Good post kid..:thumbsup:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yes.....:)

Outside of 3-AD, i haven't done anything hormonal in some time. It is time my friend! :D
Man up and stop talking about it and fukcing do it already!!!!! (trauma is my real brother if yall dont know so i can talk to him like that) :)

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established

Agreed, I follow alot of Dinoiii's reading and articles and what not and he also talked about dosing it 4hrs or so apart.

I also agree with your second sentence!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good post kid..:thumbsup:
Agreed, I follow alot of Dinoiii's reading and articles and what not and he also talked about dosing it 4hrs or so apart.

I also agree with your second sentence!
thanks guys! you only get one body, if you're gonna abuse it then you should abuse it responsibly :thumbsup: