When can i start to cut after a cycle?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.91%

When can i start to cut after a cycle?

So im just finishing up my first cycle... Epistane, 10/20,30,30,40. Put on about 16 lbs. Not alot of fat... either which is sweet. Im starting into my 4 week pct wednesday. Id like to start cutting as soon as possible without risking losing my gains. When do you think it would be ok to start cutting, Right after my 4 week PCT ( i know that cutting during a PCT is just retarded) or should i give it a couple weeks. I was thinking on dropping down to maintence for a week or two after week 4 and then slowly start cutting. What are your thoughts. This is going to be a long slow cut. Probably for about 6 months. Only going like 3-500 below maintenance. I would like to keep as much of my gains as possible. Thanks for your help.

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.41%

Quote Originally Posted by jamze7417 View Post
    So im just finishing up my first cycle... Epistane, 10/20,30,30,40. Put on about 16 lbs. Not alot of fat... either which is sweet. Im starting into my 4 week pct wednesday. Id like to start cutting as soon as possible without risking losing my gains. When do you think it would be ok to start cutting, Right after my 4 week PCT ( i know that cutting during a PCT is just retarded) or should i give it a couple weeks. I was thinking on dropping down to maintence for a week or two after week 4 and then slowly start cutting. What are your thoughts. This is going to be a long slow cut. Probably for about 6 months. Only going like 3-500 below maintenance. I would like to keep as much of my gains as possible. Thanks for your help.
    I would probably give it a good month before I started to cut so I would give my hormones and body a chance to stabilize ...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.91%

a month after my pct is finished?If thats what you were getting at would it be ok to taper down to mainteneance over that 4 week period (after my pct) Cuz ive been eating about 1000 over during my cycle? So im thinking that after my pct i will start to taper slowly down from aobut 4200 cals to around 3200 which is my maintenance... Then after that 4 weeks after my pct start to go below? I think that would be ok, what are you thoughts?
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.41%

Quote Originally Posted by jamze7417 View Post
    a month after my pct is finished?If thats what you were getting at would it be ok to taper down to mainteneance over that 4 week period (after my pct) Cuz ive been eating about 1000 over during my cycle? So im thinking that after my pct i will start to taper slowly down from aobut 4200 cals to around 3200 which is my maintenance... Then after that 4 weeks after my pct start to go below? I think that would be ok, what are you thoughts?
    That would probably be fine ...
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.7%

I would still eat at a gain, just because of your excess post exercise oxygen consumption & high metabolic activity... especially coming off a cycle.

Definitely going to agree with Dman, but I'd wait to even cut calories (above your RMR) until your 4th week of PCT... think about the regulation of hormonal imbalance and all the activity that's occurring in your body during this period?

Only 33% of energy from food contributes to energy for metabolism & movement... the rest.. for heat & enzymatic activities in the body via for your BMR (Basal MR) for the base caloric requirements your body would need... and to add on top of that your RMR for Thermal Effect of Metabolism + your Energy expenditure at rest...

...But congrats on your gains nonetheless! Good luck through your PCT, I hope you're able to maintain some solid gains!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 04:15 PM
  2. Want to start my first cycle
    By 1ArmMan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 03:03 PM
  3. Cycle start, sickness start
    By Wolfe08 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 12:22 AM
  4. When [during my cycle] should I start T3?
    By John6 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 06:20 PM
  5. Looking to start my first cycle
    By zaph123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 08:58 PM