Arimidex and drug tests

Nemesis RR

Awards
Will arimidex come up in a piss test which does test for steriods amongst other compounds?

xandrax

Awards
You know, I am trying to find out. I am on arimidex and just had a military random drug test. I am told that it isn't something sought after. Now on a steroid test it might. I am told no since it's primary use is for breast cancer treatment. It's not something commonly used. They tend to test for steroids itself. Arimidex is a non-steroidal AI which might save you.

Perhaps someone else can shed some light?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
the only reason arimidex would show up is if they tested for arimidex...why are you being tested?

IJL

Awards
I've no idea but I'm curious as well. I'm also running arimidex. I would assume it wouldn't show on a piss test unless specifically testing for it.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
u will just get a false positive, but the military doesnt test for it so it doesnt matter!

usafdino

Awards
random UA's only test for narcotics. if ur suspected of steroids, you will be commander directed to provide urine, meaning ask for a lawyer!! They send samples suspected of steroids to UCLA for testing, which is expensive.

jpbennett1208

jpbennett1208

Awards
All branches of the military have random urinalysis. They do not check for anything except narcotics. If someone is suspecting of using steroids it usually flies under the radar, unless someone higher ranking (close to your CO atleast) wants to be a d*ckhead. Your CO is the only one that can REQUEST that you be checked for steroids, and your CG will be the only saying yes/no.

The above is what I know for sure, I was a military SACO and used to have to administer piss tests.

I believe the military pays around 1500-1800 dollars to check per person

IJL

Awards
All branches of the military have random urinalysis. They do not check for anything except narcotics. If someone is suspecting of using steroids it usually flies under the radar, unless someone higher ranking (close to your CO atleast) wants to be a d*ckhead. Your CO is the only one that can REQUEST that you be checked for steroids, and your CG will be the only saying yes/no.

The above is what I know for sure, I was a military SACO and used to have to administer piss tests.

I believe the military pays around 1500-1800 dollars to check per person
sounds right. just be careful, my buddy had an unfortunate situation in which his roommate was juicing, got shipped to iraq and left his stuff behind. my buddy had a random room search and they found his roommates gear and tested him for it, he was on V5 rage and tested positive for steroids and is now pending trial by the military for drug possession

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Military (randoms) test for:

Marijuana
Cocaine
Opiates
Amphetamines
Barbiturates
MDMA
PCP
LSD

(they can test for shrooms-stays in system for 1-3 days) However, they do not usually test for it unless there is a reason or your unit is somewhere where shrooms are prevalent or legal etc.

Steroids are only tested for with probable cause and specifically. You will know if you are being tested for steroids. In which case, get a lawyer.

Seeing how arimidex is none of those things, you should be cool.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
random UA's only test for narcotics. if ur suspected of steroids, you will be commander directed to provide urine, meaning ask for a lawyer!! They send samples suspected of steroids to UCLA for testing, which is expensive.

The Navy has a full drug lab in San Diego at Naval Medical Center San Diego. They can test for anything there. I can't imagine the military would send out if they are capable themselves. I could understand proximity vs. capabilities that would lead to that, but there are many military drug labs.

xandrax

Awards
Makes sense. I was worried a bit since I had a unit sweep at the end of last month and then one just today. A severe pain since you don't get to go home until it's done. You have to linger around and drink water until ready. I figured Arimidex wouldn't show up since it's not chemically or structurally similar to any narcotic and it produces only one specific metabolite. Since I live on my own, have no steroids, and keep my mouth shut I keep my loose ends closed off.