Letrozole Question?

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How long before you start to see results from letro. I have been dosing 5 days now and not really alot. maybe a little effect. Only been at 2.5MG for 2 days now. I think it might have gone down a little but nothing major. Let me know.

Thanks

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
By the way, i have a litle bit of gyno in my left nipple. Just underneath it. Been present for 3 months after a prohormone. Just wondering how long letro takes. Heard its about only thing to take to remove gyno

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.
Lawrence SE, Faught KA, Vethamuthu J, Lawson ML.
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

[email protected]

OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifene in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia.

STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene).

RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients.

CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a treatment effect.

PMID: 15238910 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Not that you have pubertal gyno, but i found these studys helpful.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
For treatment of gyno? probably >3mos as indicated above.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
12 weeks is the minimum that I have seen to be effective. When you come off, make sure to taper. A 4 week run with a good AI would be advisable following the Letro.

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
12 weeks??That seems like a long time? I heard like a few weeks with letro and it gets better. Not sure.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
How long before you start to see results from letro. I have been dosing 5 days now and not really alot. maybe a little effect. Only been at 2.5MG for 2 days now. I think it might have gone down a little but nothing major. Let me know.

Thanks
if you were goin to answer your own question you should have done so right away.

12 weeks??That seems like a long time? I heard like a few weeks with letro and it gets better. Not sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HollywoodHam Anabolics 0
Supplements 3
Anabolics 21
Anabolics 7
Anabolics 12