Need help with PCT

griller88

griller88

Awards
I am completing a cycle of Halovar ( formerly Halodrol 50) I have 6-oxo. Do I need something else for PCT?

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot. Much more involved than I realized. I am going to read a lot more about this.
This was your response to advice given by a reliable member. However, you obviously didn't "read a lot more about this".

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am completing a cycle of Halovar ( formerly Halodrol 50) I have 6-oxo. Do I need something else for PCT?
Yes you need something else. First you need to read up on shutdown and all the mechanisms associated with it. Then you will see why 6-oxo or any other AI is not a good idea as a base for PCT. You need something that will upregulate HPTA from a standpoint of not producing test or estrogen. AI's work really well when you are not shutdown.

You need estrogen to build muscle and therefore to keep gains. Eliminating it will only hurt you in the end. Controlling it is a better course of action. Once you are producing test again you can take an AI to knock down the estrogen levels and let them come back under control.

griller88

griller88

Awards
Thank you DM. I get frustrated when people take shots at some of us who are less knowledgable on these issues. I appreciate your help.

griller88

griller88

Awards
The supplement I was on, Halovar, does not aromatize into estrogen. So should 6-oxo be sufficient for PCT along with milk thistle for liver support?

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The supplement I was on, Halovar, does not aromatize into estrogen. So should 6-oxo be sufficient for PCT along with milk thistle for liver support?
That's what I thought for my cycle of epi. But now that I have recovered using PCS and judging from how I "feel" now compared to after my epi cycle I am going to say that 6-oxo is not enough for PCT. Here's why:

6-oxo is designed to work when you are already producing test and things are normal, maybe estrogen is a little high. After a cycle (specially one that doesn't aromatize) test is low and so is estrogen. Estrogen is needed to retain muscle so further suppressing it does nothing to help you recover and keep gains. Since 6-oxo is HPTA suppressive (suppresses estrogen) it is counterproductive to recovering your HPTA function. 6-oxo is best used after you have recovered test production to knock down estrogen levels and slowly recover them to normal.

If you look at my blood work from my PCT you will see that even before taking 6-oxo my estrogen levels were not high, they were on the lower end of normal.

Good luck man ...

griller88

griller88

Awards
I appreciate all your help. I am learning a lot and have made good gains on Halovar and lots of training. So I will stop using 6-oxo until I get my testosterone production back up. I have a dr appt tomorrow and I will ask for bloodwork. What should I ask for specifically?

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I appreciate all your help. I am learning a lot and have made good gains on Halovar and lots of training. So I will stop using 6-oxo until I get my testosterone production back up. I have a dr appt tomorrow and I will ask for bloodwork. What should I ask for specifically?
Total Test
Free Test
Estradiol
LH
FSH

Liver Enzymes

I was totally honest with my doc and told him I would probably do more cycles and ask for more blood work. He was totally cool with it!

griller88

griller88

Awards
just came back from doc. I will be getting blood work done tomorrow. He said they are a little picky about doing estrogen tests for males. I showed him the supplement (Halovar)I took and the 6-oxo. Of course his suggestion was to get off all of it and let me body naturally get back to normal. I will take the info you gave me and see if they will do all those tests. I do have some more supps coming in the mail along with post cycle support so I do intend to continue using them. Hopefully bloodwork will come back o.k.. Thanks again for all your help.

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just came back from doc. I will be getting blood work done tomorrow. He said they are a little picky about doing estrogen tests for males. I showed him the supplement (Halovar)I took and the 6-oxo. Of course his suggestion was to get off all of it and let me body naturally get back to normal. I will take the info you gave me and see if they will do all those tests. I do have some more supps coming in the mail along with post cycle support so I do intend to continue using them. Hopefully bloodwork will come back o.k.. Thanks again for all your help.
Heh, then again, I went to my doc the day before my last dose! LOL! Again though, he was totally cool with my plan and we talked for awhile and he was pretty comfortable that I knew what I was doing.

Best advice I can give you is to read, read and read some more. If you search around there are plenty of articles on Post Cycle Therapy, HPTA, Testosterone, Estrogen, etc ... You can learn a buttload by just simply reading and then asking questions.

griller88

griller88

Awards
Thanks DM. I have been reading quite a bit and looked up research chem, so I have a serm coming in the mail that I will keep for my next cycle.

Rippley05

Awards
Ok so I read a lot on this site and I just want to be crystal clear on a few things

1. I am halfway through a cycle of hemadrol and I bought a bottle of novedex XT to use in my PCT so I'm curious should I use the novedex XT, lean xtreme and PCS as a PCT or is PCS and novedex XT basicly the same thing?

and if I should use all 3 do I do them in a certain order like the PCS for 2 weeks then the novedex or take them all together starting in the first week? ... any help would be greatly appreciated