IFBB pro disscusion with me about PCT

quakebks

Awards
i have posted before asking about needing nolva for a superdrol cycle, obviously everyone decided it to be neccessary for a sdrol cycle. so i didnt have access to these perscription pct i looked for some type of ph thats milder. i chose Hemaguno (epistane clone) instead. the owner of these chain of stores i bought it from is a ifbb pro, just so happens he was working the day i went to pick up my hemaguno. so we talked, he helped me with my PH buying and what not. i got on the topic of nolva and superdrol, he said nolva isnt neccessary at all. "if you have it, then thats good. if not.... no biggie" is what he told me. he even stated that it wasnt even necessary when using products like winadrol.
i mean i just thought this was interesting, i mean i believe the guy, he has the experience and knowledge for sure. i was just wonderng what you guys thought about the topic. and im not looking to discredit the man at all, hes obviously one of the best and for most of us what we would like to be one day. now for your comments. (sry long post)

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
i have posted before asking about needing nolva for a superdrol cycle, obviously everyone decided it to be neccessary for a sdrol cycle. so i didnt have access to these perscription pct i looked for some type of ph thats milder. i chose Hemaguno (epistane clone) instead. the owner of these chain of stores i bought it from is a ifbb pro, just so happens he was working the day i went to pick up my hemaguno. so we talked, he helped me with my PH buying and what not. i got on the topic of nolva and superdrol, he said nolva isnt neccessary at all. "if you have it, then thats good. if not.... no biggie" is what he told me. he even stated that it wasnt even necessary when using products like winadrol.
i mean i just thought this was interesting, i mean i believe the guy, he has the experience and knowledge for sure. i was just wonderng what you guys thought about the topic. and im not looking to discredit the man at all, hes obviously one of the best and for most of us what we would like to be one day. now for your comments. (sry long post)
PCT is a relatively new concept in regards to AAS, b/c of the length of time that AAS have been around. Its not far-fetched for him to have this opinion.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
If you don't run a SERM after your cycle you're an idiot in my book.

If you read up on how these drugs work in men, you'd see why most guys suggest taking them. Sure you may get by using nothing for PCT, but why risk gyno as well as a longer shut-down and thus less keepable gains?

Just because an IFBB pro did it doesn't mean it's smart, I am sure he was/is on TRT anyways. Some of those guys get by taking a few hundred MG per day of dianabol but is it smart or recommended? HELL NO!!!! My point being what we knew back then and what he know now is a lot different.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
He's right it isn't necessary. Is it a good idea to take yes. Will it help in getting your HPTA back up and runnin while keeping estro at bay, yes. All good things but nothing is necessary. Just like a liver supp and the like

quakebks

Awards
i just thought this was an interesting topic to bring to the table, i mean i know a pros not always right but is genereally extremly knowledgable. its like having a discussion with a fireman about putting out a fire, i mean he knows more about that fire, but that doesnt mean that its not going to burn down anyways. thats what im getting from you guys

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
IMO it is not necessary to serm. you should though, it is tried and true way of restoring your test levels while keeping estrogen levels at bay. I have done PCT's without a serm before, and you definitely will recover a lot faster using a serm vs an atd/ai. Just my .02

Last edited:
Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've met bodybuilders who did't think much of PH/DS and thus didn't have much personal experience using them, as they would rather use 'real' gear...he could be one of them. Supression is supression and shutdown is shutdown, no matter from what source. Only way you know if it's necessary is from bloodwork. Chances are your bloodwork will tell you that you need PCT.

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've met bodybuilders who did't think much of PH/DS and thus didn't have much personal experience using them, as they would rather use 'real' gear...he could be one of them. Supression is supression and shutdown is shutdown, no matter from what source. Only way you know if it's necessary is from bloodwork. Chances are your bloodwork will tell you that you need PCT.
X2!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
"Drinking my urine isn't necessary but I do it because it's sterile" Patches O'Hoolahan :)

It's used to speed up HPTA recovery when you come off hormones. It's also used to decrease the chances of getting gyno during a cycle. You don't have to do it but I think it would be wise to do it. I'm not an IFBB pro but that's what I think.