The importance of blood work after a cycle

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I see so many posts on here recommending an AI after cycles I thought I'd post this. I am almost 4 weeks out from my last cycle of Bold/P-Plex/Trena. I would have figured to have low test levels but since Bold aromatizes and P-Plex and Trena (I think) are progestins I figured estrogen would be high and all out of whack. Perfect candidate for AI in the second or third week of PCT. Not so fast! Blood work came back and test was whacked (to be expected) but so was estrogen. Levels were low and had I started an AI I could have plunged them even lower. Good you say? THe problem with that is that when you stop the AI there is nothing to control the estrogen (if the AI and test booster are your PCT). You either get gyno or do not recover properly and it takes up to two years for your body to straighten itself out.

This is why post cycle (and post PCT) blood work is really important. I see so many guys saying, "I don't feel shutdown". Neither did I but my test was 7 (Normal range is 250-1100). Shutdown hard! How do you know what products to take or if your PCT even worked if you don't get blood work?

Think about it ...