Can tamoxifen pills be split?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Just curious if I can break my nolva in half when it comes time to taper down my dosage. Some pills say that's a big nono because of the way they're formulated & how they work on your liver, etc.

So can I break the 20mg's into 10's when it's time, or am i better off just dosing EOD?

ezza

Awards
  • Established
i don't see why not.... i may be completely wrong but i would think half dose evrey day is going to be more effective than taking it one day and not the other.... don't forget these drugs weren't actually designed for pct so the directions on the back are for another purpose all together and usage was intended to be for a lot longer... again this is jsut my way of thinking nothing much to back it up.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just curious if I can break my nolva in half when it comes time to taper down my dosage. Some pills say that's a big nono because of the way they're formulated & how they work on your liver, etc.

So can I break the 20mg's into 10's when it's time, or am i better off just dosing EOD?
EOD, nolva has a half life of a few days anyway, so it won't make a big difference.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Yes, these can be split in 1/2. The medications you hear about that can NOT be split, are ones that are delayed or extended release medicines. If these were to be split, ALL of the medication would get released in your body at once as opposed to little increments over an extended period of time. You're good to go bro.