Epi for PCT?

h22t88

Awards
I have heard of a couple people and know someone who taper off there dose of Epi at the end of the cycle and run it at 5-10mg ED for 3-4 weeks as their PCT. It has seemed to work great for them. What do you guys think about this? It kind of makes sense to me because of it's SERM like effects. I'm just a little unsure about trying it.

brandon615

Awards
umm epi comes in 10mg pills. so theres no way they can run it at 5mg and epi is a methylated steroid i dont see how it could ever be run to get you back to normal...

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I have heard of a couple people and know someone who taper off there dose of Epi at the end of the cycle and run it at 5-10mg ED for 3-4 weeks as their PCT. It has seemed to work great for them. What do you guys think about this? It kind of makes sense to me because of it's SERM like effects. I'm just a little unsure about trying it.
This makes sense to you, huh? If that is true you need to do some reading before you ingest any prohormone, designer steroid, or any other AAS.

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First of all, the parent compound has some AI properties to it. Secondly, when you add a methyl group at the 17th position, you change the parent compound so there is no proof that epi has any ai properties. Thirdly, epi is an anabolic steroid and there is no way ever that an anabolic steroid should be used as or in PCT ...

h22t88

Awards
umm epi comes in 10mg pills. so theres no way they can run it at 5mg and epi is a methylated steroid i dont see how it could ever be run to get you back to normal...
It is possible to open up a capsule and divide it you know.

h22t88

Awards
This makes sense to you, huh? If that is true you need to do some reading before you ingest any prohormone, designer steroid, or any other AAS.
I've run multiple Epi/1-test cycles with proper PCT. I've done plenty of reading and know what I'm involved in. None of us know everything about Epi being it is a fairly new PS. I don't think anyone even knows what the half life is yet? I guess I was wondering if more people had tried this. I'm interested in it because I have 10 bottles of it in my stockpile and it would be easier than getting more SERMs for my next cycles. I said it kind of made sense to me in a sense that if it blocks estrogen as well as popular SERMs why wouldn't it bring you back to normal at a very low dose. I doubt it raises test much more than high doses of Formestane/ATD etc at 5 mg. I've never even had shut down anyway after my 30/40/40/40 cycles so there is not a huge amount for me to come back from. Idk...just my thoughts

h22t88

Awards
First of all, the parent compound has some AI properties to it. Secondly, when you add a methyl group at the 17th position, you change the parent compound so there is no proof that epi has any ai properties. Thirdly, epi is an anabolic steroid and there is no way ever that an anabolic steroid should be used as or in PCT ...
I understand what you're saying about the Epitiostanol being changed but unless a lot of people are lying about gyno reduction and it's AI like effects, I think it's pretty safe to say it's a potent anti-estrogen. When compounds like that are methylated they usually become more potent. Correct?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Here is an excerpt from Basskiller's website regarding Clomid. I see your line of thinking but try to remember it is not the estrogen blocking that is important in PCT.

Clomid
Clomid is not an anabolic/androgenic steroid. Since it is a synthetic estrogen it belongs, however, to the group of sex hormones. In school medicine Clomid is normally used to trigger ovulation. Clomid also has a strong influence on the hypothalamohypophysial testicular axis. It stimulates the hypo-physis to release more gonadotropin so that a faster and higher re-lease of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinizing hor-mone) occurs. This results in an elevated endogenous (body's own) testosterone level. Clomid is especially effective when the body's own testosterone production, due to the intake of anabolic/androgenic steroids, is suppressed. In most cases Clomid can normalize the tes-tosterone level and the spermatogenesis (sperm development) within 10- 14 days. For this reason Clomid is primarily taken after steroids are discontinued. At this time it is extremely important to bring the testosterone production to a normal level as quickly as possible so that the loss of strength and muscle mass is minimized. Even better results can be achieved if Clomid is combined with HCG or when Clomid is used after the intake of HCG.

Paradoxically, although Clomid is a synthetic estrogen it also works as an antiestrogen. The reason is that Clomid has only a very low estrogenic effect and thus the stronger estrogens which, for example, form during the aromatization of steroids, are blocked at the recep-tors. These would include those that develop during the aromatiz-ing of steroids. This does not prevent the steroids from aromatizing but the increased estrogen is mostly deactivated since it cannot at-tach to the receptors. The increased water retention and the possible signs of feminization can thus be reduced or even completely avoided. Since the antiestrogenic effect of Clomid is lower than those found in Proviron, Nolvadex, and Teslac it is mainly taken as a testosterone stimulant. Clomid is a medica-tion that promotes the production of the body's own stimulating hormone, gonadotropin, which in turn increases the testosterone level. It is, for example, administered to women as a so-called antiestrogen to trigger ovulation ("ovulation stimulator").

h22t88

Awards
Good reading. I know estrogen is not the only concern while on PCT...I think it's just the one I'm most paranoid about! I'll prob won't experiment with it and just play it safe with a SERM like usual.